Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Supply Chain Management forum
Answered

Regarding Dynamics 365 FO deployments

Posted on by
We are planning to deploy Dynamics 365 SCM and Finance to our customer’s tenant.
The customer’s tenant already have Dynamics 365 Sales and Dynamics Field Services deployed.
The Dynamics 365 Sales and Dynamics 365 Field Service are deployed by the different vendors, so there is a conflict problem between the two apps.
The customer is worry about if deploy Dynamics 365 SCM and Finance to the same tenant, the same conflict problem will occur.
If deploy SCM and Finance to the same tenant with Dynamics CRM, will there be some problems such as conflicts?

Thanks in advance!
  • Suggested answer
    Navneeth Nagrajan Profile Picture
    Navneeth Nagrajan 1,363 Super User 2024 Season 2 on at
    Hi,

As Martin rightly said, if the D365 Finance and SCM implementation is a non-Dataverse implementation or if the implementation won't be leveraging Azure Synapse Link for Dataverse then it shouldn't be a concern deploying D365 F&SCM in the same tenant as D365 Sales or Field Service. 

References:
  • Martin Dráb Profile Picture
    Martin Dráb 228,847 Most Valuable Professional on at
    Dual-write is the mechanism for synchronization if you decide that you want that. No, it's not mandatory. You don't have to use the same Dataverse and if you do, you don't have to synchronize the data. And even if both is true, you don't necessarily have to use dual-write for that.

If you had no choice, I wouldn't keep talking about decisions to make.
  • Regarding Dynamics 365 FO deployments
    Hi Martin, 

Thank you for your reply.

"Still, you should think about how you want to use Dataverse with F&O, e.g. to synchronize data between Sales and Finance."

Is this mean dual-write? Is it mandatory to Sync F&O with CRM?
    If I don't turn on dual write feature, then deploy F&O will not completely affect Dynamics CRM application?
    Am I correct?

Thank you again! 

• Martin Dráb Profile Picture
    There won't be any conflicts in Dataverse because F&O uses its own database, not Dataverse It's a completely separate product with different architecture, while Sales and Field Service used to be the same product and store its data in Dataverse. Still, you should think about how you want to use Dataverse with F&O, e.g. to synchronize data between Sales and Finance.
  • Regarding Dynamics 365 FO deployments
    Hi Martin,

Thank you so much for your response.
    I'm sorry I didn't explain it clearly enough.
    The "conflicts" means because some entities and tables are shared in Dynamics 365 Sales and Dynamics 365 Field Service, loss of integrity of data updates.
    If deploy SCM and Finance to the same tenant, will same problem occur?
  • Verified answer
    Martin Dráb Profile Picture
    It's not clear to me what you mean by the conflict, but the main decision to make, in my opinion, is whether you want to link F&O with the Dataverse used by the CRM apps or you want to use an independent instance.

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,607 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,847 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,150

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans