Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Finance forum
Answered

D365FO Sandbox

Posted on by 19
Dear All,

I have access to d365-poc-sandbox from my company. I could login to the sandbox. Now I want to start learning development from scratch. I couldn't find any Visual Studio application within my sandbox environment. How do I know if I have developer access with my login? Or Can I install Visual studio 2022 community edition on my personal laptop ( Not work laptop ) and integrate the D365 sandbox (work login) ?

Also, I tried using Microsoft Learn labs to learn D365FO development, but it seems to me that I can only do the given labs until I finish my session.  
Just want to know 1)  if there is any way for me to save my work each time, so I can build a small project for learning purposes? and 2) Can I do my own use cases  ( other than the ones provided by MS Learn labs ), for my learning purposes ?

Excuse me for putting many questions into one.

Your help is much appreciated.

• Verified answer
    MuthukumaranAX Profile Picture
    MuthukumaranAX 2,899 on at
    D365FO Sandbox
    The RDP option will not be available for Sandbox. The best option would be you deploy a cloud-hosted instance (Dev box or Tier-1) which will have VS installed already and use it as needed.
  • Martin Dráb Profile Picture
    Martin Dráb 228,493 Most Valuable Professional on at
    D365FO Sandbox
    You'd need a remote desktop connection to a development environment, where you'd find Visual Studio with F&O tools already installed. But I can't say whether your d365-poc-sandbox is a development environment at all.

1) Is there is any way for me to save my work each time? The best approach is using a source control system, such as TFVC or Git in Azure DevOps. Otherwise you can export your project and store it somewhere.

2) Can I do my own use cases  ( other than the ones provided by MS Learn labs ), for my learning purposes? If you get a development environment and permissions to use it, you can do anything there. But again, we don't know what type of environment you have.

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Dynamics 365 Community Newsletter - September 2024

Check out the latest community news

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,524 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,493 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates