Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Supply Chain Management forum
Answered

How does the Transport days support for Planning Optimization feature work?

Posted on by 67
Hello fellow community members,

after our last service update, I've found a new feature called "Transport days support for Planning Optimization". Being curious of what it does (even if the name gives a good hint), I've set up 2 transport days from warehouse A to warehouse B (Inventory management / Setup / Distribution / Transport days). If I now run Planning optimization for an item which is to be transferred from warehouse A to B, Planning optimization correctly calculates 2 days for the planned transfer order. But it does the exact same thing when I disable the feature. As I can't find any more information than the description in feature management, maybe some of you has enabled said feature and can explain the differences between having it enabled versus disabled?

Cheers!
  • How does the Transport days support for Planning Optimization feature work?
    Thanks Judy, that answered my question! A little odd they introduce it as a new feature to be enabled in Feature management if it is actually enabled "in the background".
  • Verified answer
    Judy Profile Picture
    Judy Microsoft Employee on at
    How does the Transport days support for Planning Optimization feature work?
    Hi, please refer to the MS document about Planning Optimization, it mentioned that notifications aren't shown when Planning Optimization is updated in your environment, you can review the release notes in the following table to determine when changes were released and what functionality they introduced.
    The reference link:

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,620 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,884 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,150

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans