Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics AX forum
Answered

WMS - Work is not created after releasing a S.O. to warehouse

Posted on by

Hi,

i've set the Wave Template so that a wave is automatically created, processed and released (i've validate check boxes "Automate wave creation", "Process wave at release to warehouse", "Automate wave release" and, if i'm right, this should be the right setting to create wave, shipment, load and work.

When i release S.O. to warehouse, wave, shipment and load are created as i excepted, but work is not created!

If i check in All waves > common > waves > shipment waves > all, the infolog show me the message "item x allocation failed".

Categories:
  • Suggested answer
    Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member Microsoft Employee on at
    RE: WMS - Work is not created after releasing a S.O. to warehouse

So after digging more into this and reading more Dynamics Community responses. I needed to go create wave templates for each new site/location that has been added. This has been resolved. thank you

• Community Member Profile Picture
    Community Member Microsoft Employee on at

Hello all, I know this is an old post but i am having the same troubles with my Transfers. I have my location derivatives set just like another site and warehouse. It is only having the trouble for the new site/warehouse that i added but has the exact same set up as others that work on a daily basis. 

When i put a transfer to a new load in the LPWB it works fine. Gives it a load number and everything. After releasing, releasing to warehouse it still says no work was created. 

Hoping someone can help me. thank you

• Verified answer
    Prashant Singh Profile Picture
    Prashant Singh 8,797 on at

Yes, You are correct.

It will find all these location based on your parameter location types for staging and baydoor. And if you qty in that warehouse in any location system will pick this.

But if you want something organized then you need to define fixed location of the item bulk location, staging location, User location, Baydoor, Packing location and many more as per standard warehouse process.  

• gianca Profile Picture
    gianca on at

Hi guys,

eventually i re-set the pick location directive lefting ID profile location field blank (previously i had specified, in that field, both stock profile and stage profile). I guess WMS is free, in that way, to automatically find picking optimal locations to perform the pick action from stock warehouse zone and stage warehouse zone: aaaand it works! =).

• gianca Profile Picture
    gianca on at

Guy, Prashant,

thank you for your suggestions.

I'll try later, today, to check and test again pick directive and i'll let you know.

To summarize, settings i've created actually work, because i can do the entire outbound process with success; however, they are not 100% correct because i want the WMS to show me the particular pick"Stock" location and, when I release the S.O. to warehouse, i want the infolog shows me work is created (i guess that WMS creates work only beacuse i un-ticked that check box in Location directive failures form).

• Suggested answer

Thanks Guy Terry.

Yes, I have the setup with staging normally I have tested with Bulk location and fixed location, I have made it separate for bulk and pick and it is giving me location in work. And I separate it based on qty. Means if you need to take pallet it will take from bulk and if you need to issue loose qty it will take fixed location.

I think this is not region specific.

• GuyUK Profile Picture
    GuyUK 28,373 on at

Hi Prashant,

I suppose you could do it either way, if you wanted to put two Location profile Ids in to the location search. You could create one Location directive action, and put both Location profiles on it. Or you could create two Location directive actions, with one Location profile on each.

I have a problem with Gian Carlo's query. He has used a ; to separate the values. This doesn't work where I am. I have to use a , to separate values. I'm not sure if this is hard coded in AX, or if it depends on Regional Settings.

I am also not sure if you need a Location directive 'Pick' for the picking of the Item from the Staging location. The work template line knows where to pick the staging from (it is the Put on the previous work template line). Does it need a location directive to find this out? Maybe I'll test it later, but I don't have an environment with Staging setup to hand.

• Suggested answer

Guy Terry,

I have a question here if I have qty available in two diff location or more location then I think we need to create two or more location directive action rather than providing multiple location profile id in the edit query  right?

So  

Gian Carlo Dell'Erba,

I think you should select only one location profile in the edit query. And if you have multiple location for picking the same material you can specify multiple location directive action with diff location profile.

• GuyUK Profile Picture
    GuyUK 28,373 on at

To support a Staging location in the SO picking process, you need two different 'Put' location directives. I'm not sure if you need two 'Pick' Location directives. Set the Pick one you have now to 'Stock' only.

You can see the setup you should use, using Directive codes on the Work template lines, in section 3.1.12 of the Warehouse Management System Implementation Guide.

• gianca Profile Picture
    gianca on at

I guess this is what we're talking about:

work3.png

Maybe i've made a little mess when selecting location profile ID: as you can see, i've selected STOCK (which is the ID of the location where i stored item 21515_gc8) and STAGE_TEST_WM_2 (which is the ID of the locations i created for the staging step).

I've selected both because i thought that, since the Pick directive is unique, i had to specify in the same field the ID location profile for the first and the second picking

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 287,995 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,610 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans