Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Project Operations forum
Unanswered

Timesheet workflow permissions error when originators manager is set to have entity specific permissions

Posted on by 85

Hi 

I we have been getting the following error on the timesheet workflow we have set up in each of our legal entities -

1122.workflow-error.png

The error always states the timesheet originator's line manager does not have sufficient permissions so the work flow errors out. However the persons line manager has a project manager role which is set to the EADC entity both users are under and testy who submitted the timesheet is also set to the EADC entity on his team member role -

8306.entity-setting.jpg

The timesheet workflow is the out of the box workflow where it just starts and sends the timesheet to the originators first level manager. If I change the managers user role from entity specific to "Grant access to all organisations" the timesheet workflow  submits correctly and they can authorise.

Both users are setup under the EADC entity in the System Administration>Users section -

users.jpg

Both users are also setup in the Human Resources>Employees under the entity EADC

I'm not a dynamics expert having no training on it I have just had it handed to me to administer and fix what I can, I have read up on the permissions and everything looks correct but I'm guessing there could be something incorrectly set at a higher level to what I'm currently looking at.

Any advice or guidance on how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers;

Median

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,620 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,884 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,150

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans