Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / Exception: Cannot crea...
Finance forum
Suggested answer

Exception: Cannot create a record in Alerts - event inbox data (EventInboxData) - Dynamics 365 for operations - v23

Posted on by 73

Hello: I have the following error when trying the workflow to create an alert:

pastedimage1641504135107v4.png

Stopped (error): X++ Exception: Cannot create a record in Alerts - event inbox data (EventInboxData). Inbox ID: 5637144735.
The record already exists.
at

You cannot insert the eventid (use the recid for this) since the one you insert is less than many that are already created.

anyone know about this problem?

My version is D365FO v23

• Suggested answer
    Exception: Cannot create a record in Alerts - event inbox data (EventInboxData) - Dynamics 365 for operations - v23

Hi Everyone,

For the error message encountered in the workflow: "Stopped (error): X++ Exception: Cannot create a record in Alerts - event inbox data (EventInboxData). Inbox ID: 5637144812. The record already exists. at,"

I have experienced this issue and resolved it using the following methods:

1. Option 1: Delete the inactive workflow Inbox ID from the EventInboxData table (access via mi=systablebrowser&tablename=eventInboxData). This task has to be performed by a developer (has to find the inactive workflow inbox ID and delete the records), not a functional user.

2. Option 2: once you note the Inbox ID number from the workflow tracking details (above error message) Navigate to the EventInboxData table in the browser (access via mi=systablebrowser&tablename=eventInboxData) and identify the next available Inbox ID (sort by smallest to largest). If that ID is close to the one that caused the error (e.g., 5637144812), you may resume the workflow repeatedly until you reach the next available Inbox ID (e.g., 5637144818) and successfully process the workflow. Functional users can perform this method without developer support. If the next available Inbox ID is not close, it is advisable to contact a developer to identify and delete the inactive Inbox ID from the table mentioned above. 

Please examine any custom code or configurations related to workflows or alerts to ensure they are not causing the issue.

Thanks & Regards,

Hemshankar Ganesan

HemShankar Ganesan - Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India | Professional Profile | LinkedIn

• Suggested answer
    Mohit Rampal Profile Picture
    Mohit Rampal 12,545 Moderator on at
    RE: Exception: Cannot create a record in Alerts - event inbox data (EventInboxData) - Dynamics 365 for operations - v23

Hi, You can do it from User Interface by adding mi=EventAlertInbox in the url for D365FO for your environment. 'EventAlertInbox' is menu item which can be called directly and below form will be displayed for EventInbox, if you delete record from EventInbox, releated record from EventInboxData will be deleted. I haven't tried it so I suggest to do it in Dev or sandbox first.

• Suggested answer
    GirishS Profile Picture
    GirishS 27,830 Moderator on at
    RE: Exception: Cannot create a record in Alerts - event inbox data (EventInboxData) - Dynamics 365 for operations - v23

You need to ask developer to delete the record from EventInboxData table.

Thanks,

Girish S.

• Uzzaam Hyder Profile Picture
    Uzzaam Hyder 10 on at

Hi

I am facing the same issue but I don't how to clear or delete the record in eventInboxData table. Should I contact with the developer or it can be done from functional side?

• Uzzaam Hyder Profile Picture
    Uzzaam Hyder 10 on at

Hi

I am facing the same issue but I don't how to clear or delete the record in eventInboxData table. Should I contact with the developer or it can be done from functional side?

• Penny Song Profile Picture
    Penny Song 22 on at

Delete records in eventInboxData table where inbox id > 5637144735 . I has came accross the same issue, and the solution works fine.

• 72camaross Profile Picture
    72camaross 192 on at

To Follow up, there are 2 tables I had to clear. EventInbox and EventInboxData. I'll see if it happens again.

72camaross 192 on at

This does seem to work but I guess in my situation there is another underlying issue because after a short amount of time the error reappears.

• Suggested answer
    K Anil Kumar Profile Picture
    K Anil Kumar 10 on at

Hi Everyone,

Hope all are doing great!

I experienced the same error. All that I did was Truncate the Eventinbox table.

So, convey the same above mentioned solution to your System Admin.

My workflows are now working fine.

Thanks & Regards

K Anil Kumar

72camaross 192 on at

We just ran into this error today.

I tried clearing usage data, notification data, and batch job history just for fun. Still getting the errors. There are no customizations as this is the default system with Microsoft's demo data added. It was working fine on Friday 2022-05-27 but now it is not.

I'm going to check LCS to see if there is anything more descriptive in there and I'll update here if I find anything.

product version: 10.0.25(10.0.1149.40)

platform version: Update49 (7.0.6316.36)

I hope someone has a fix! :)

Cheers

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,620 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,884 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,150

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans