Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / Understanding CAMT files
Finance forum
Suggested answer

Understanding CAMT files

Posted on by 97

Good morning community,

I have a broader question around CAMT files, more specifically CAMT.053 & CAMT.054.

In summary, the CAMT.053 is the previous day bank statement and provides detailed information on all entries booked to the account for the previous day. On the other hand, the camt.054 – Bank to Customer Debit / Credit Notification, provides the customer with specific account debit and account credit transactions. My questions are:

• Do you think that by importing only the bank statement (053), the information stored in it would be enough to register all customer/vendor transactions? I see that in the structure of the 053, there are XML tags to identify bank transaction codes, payment references etc.
  • Why would I need the CAMT.054 for? What additional information would it bring?
  • Are there cases where the 054 somehow "complements" the 053, e.g. a summary entry is registered in 053 but the details are stored in the 054?

Many thanks for your answers,

Peter

• Suggested answer
    Ludwig Reinhard Profile Picture
    Ludwig Reinhard Microsoft Employee on at
    RE: Understanding CAMT files

Hi Peter,

I think the camt.053 format should be ok to do that.

This format is also supported by the MS standard ER file formats that we have available.

Yet, I think the main issue is with your banking institutions and the file format they provide you with.

Do you have a contact into your banking institution and can find out what file formats they usually deliver to you?

Best regards,

Ludwig

• PeterKRB Profile Picture
    PeterKRB 97 on at

Thank you Ludwig,

By the first question I mean the following: is the import of CAMT.053 enough to record all the incoming/outgoing transactions of a bank account that I can later relate to open cust/vend transactions? If it is, why would I import the CAMT.054 for?

I will have a look at your link, thanks!

Peter

• Suggested answer
    Ludwig Reinhard Profile Picture
    Ludwig Reinhard Microsoft Employee on at

Hello Peter,

For No1: Can you elaborate what you mean by saying that you want to register all customer/vendor transactions?

For the other questions, I would recommend having a look at this website:

www.hettwer-beratung.de/.../

It's available in German language only but you can make use of online translation tools to get the information in your language.

It provides a lot of details and background information.

Best regards,

Ludwig

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,628 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,914 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,150

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans