Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / ODATA call from extern...
Finance forum
Answered

ODATA call from external system

Posted on by 517

Hi,

We have external API that makes call to our D365FO using OData.

I am just curious to know how the OData call be made to D365FO from outside without having any entry in System Administration-> Setup -> Azure Active Directory Applications as mentioned in below article.

https://www.d365ug.com/blogs/nandita-nityanandam/2018/11/20/third-party-integration-in-d365fo-using-odata

The issue we found that this Odata call from external API results in error ' Cannot edit a record in Activities (smmActivities).\nAn update conflict occurred due to another user process deleting the record or changing one or more fields in the record.'

This however works fine from Excel file import using DIXF. I wanted to reproduce the error but just not sure how can I make a Odata call without having above mentioned registration.

Appreciate if someone can help if faced such situation before. Thanks.

• Martin Dráb Profile Picture
    Martin Dráb 228,914 Most Valuable Professional on at
    RE: ODATA call from external system

Please see the verified answer above.

If the verified answer doesn't apply to your problem, you seem to have a different problem than Vikky. If so, please create a new thread and explain your particular problem there.

• Rahul_Rathod Profile Picture
    Rahul_Rathod 15 on at

Hi,

Did you resolve this issue? Please let me know the solution of this because I am facing the same issue but using AAD authentication. 

• VRD Profile Picture
    VRD 517 on at

Thanks Martin for your comments. I wanted to reproduce the scenario hence was just wondering because I haven't tried OData call using native app before.

• Verified answer
    Martin Dráb Profile Picture
    Martin Dráb 228,914 Most Valuable Professional on at

You can register the app in AAD as a native app (instead of a web app) and then use username & password instead of a client secret. Then you don't need System Administration-> Setup -> Azure Active Directory Applications to define the user.

Nevertheless the fact that you have an update conflict inside F&O shouldn't be related to the way of authentication.

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,628 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,914 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,150

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans