Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Customer Service forum
Answered

Why do only 5 lower level categories show in my Knowledge base Portal

Posted on by 47

Hi,

It seems that only 5 lower level categories (Related categories) can be surfaced within my Power Pages Employee Self-Service Portal knowledge base.  Can this be changed to have more?

Many thanks,

Cathy

pastedimage1681286446461v1.png

• Suggested answer
    CathyAnne Profile Picture
    CathyAnne 47 on at
    RE: Why do only 5 lower level categories show in my Knowledge base Portal

Thanks so much!  This has worked perfectly :)

• Verified answer
    Sayen Zhang Profile Picture
    Sayen Zhang on at

Hi Cathy,

We can set any number of categories to be displayed in the Power Pages Employee Self-Service Portal.

Firstly, open Portal Management, select Web Templates under Content.

pastedimage1681869307397v1.png

Secondly, choose web template named "Category - Related Categories", change value in {% assign limit = limit | default: 10 %}

pastedimage1681869574161v2.png

If you want to set more than 5 related categories in the portal, you can set value more than 5 in the code.

Hope it will help you~

Best Regards,

Sayen Zhang

• CathyAnne Profile Picture
    CathyAnne 47 on at

Thanks for your replies, I have checked the environment is the same.  I am able to create and add more than 5 sub-categories, it is just that only 5 maximum will show within the portal.  Maybe this is as designed though, to encourage creating limited number of sub-categories, then to divide further to lower level sub-categories under each, rather than a long list?

• Sayen Zhang Profile Picture
    Sayen Zhang on at

Hi Cathy,

Please confirm that the Customer Service Admin Center and the Portal are in the same environment.

It should be right to see the list of categories when we click "Manage" for categories.

You can select a category which you need to add a child category in the list of categories. For example:

1651.pastedimage1681695452706v1.png

2018.pastedimage1681696875241v2.png

Here is a reference link: Create and manage categories (Dynamics 365 Customer Service) | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Sayen Zhang

• CathyAnne Profile Picture
    CathyAnne 47 on at

Thanks for this.   Unfortunately I don't see any option for this setting.  In the Customer Service Admin Centre I click on Manage for Categories, but no options are retuned only the list of categories...

pastedimage1681486258376v1.png

pastedimage1681486299788v2.png

I have these permissions assigned to me...

pastedimage1681486567337v1.png

• Suggested answer
    Sayen Zhang Profile Picture
    Sayen Zhang on at

Hi Cathy,

Here are the steps to add child categories in "Related categories" in Employee Self-Service Portal knowledge base:

1. Go to Customer Service admin center.

2. Click Knowledge under Agent experience.

pastedimage1681464766891v2.png

3. Select "Manage" on the right of Categories.

pastedimage1681464756556v1.png

4. Click "Support" and then edit in "Associated Categories" tab.

pastedimage1681464881294v3.png

pastedimage1681464896813v4.png

5. If you want to add child categories in "Related categories", you can click "+ New Category" to realize.

pastedimage1681465009969v5.png

pastedimage1681465026662v6.png

6. Similarly, if you want to edit or delete, you can edit or delete child categories in "Related categories".

If you have any questions, you can reply to let us know. Thank you!

Best Regards,

Sayen Zhang

Please mark as verified if the answer is helpful. Welcome to join hot discussions in Dynamics 365 Forums.

• Suggested answer
    Shawnsauve Profile Picture
    Shawnsauve 1,089 on at

The number of lower level categories that can be surfaced within the Power Pages Employee Self-Service Portal knowledge base may depend on the specific settings and configuration of your platform. However, it may be possible to change this limit to display more than 5 lower level categories.

Here are some steps you can take to try and adjust this setting:

1. Access the category settings: Log in to the Employee Self-Service Portal as an administrator and navigate to the category settings section.

2. Locate the category display options: Look for options related to the display of categories, such as "category layout" or "category view".

3. Check for a limit setting: See if there is a setting that limits the number of subcategories displayed per parent category. If you find this setting, try adjusting the limit to a higher number, such as 10 or 15.

4. Save the changes: Once you have made the changes, save the category settings.

5. Check the result: Navigate to a page that displays the lower level categories and check if the new limit is being applied.

If you are unable to find a setting that allows you to adjust the number of lower level categories displayed, you may need to consult the documentation or support resources for your specific platform to see if there is a way to modify this behavior.

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,652 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,930 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,150

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans