Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / Accounting distributio...
Finance forum
Answered

Accounting distribution error in AP

Posted on by 55

Our purchase ledger team match the invoice to the PO, and then submit the invoice to workflow. When submitting successfully matched invoices we are often getting this error:

"Stopped (error): The state of the source document or source document line could not be updated. One or more accounting distribution is missing a ledger account or contains a ledger account that is not valid.  Use the Accounting distribution form or the Posting profile to update the ledger account. Ledger account validated using 659000------, Record Id: 5637178356 Dimension values were validated with this account structure: P&L The combination was not validated beyond the CostCenter financial dimension. MainAccount 659000. You must select a value in the CostCenter field in combination with the following dimensions values that are valid: Journal  was not updated."

We believe that a fix is to make sure the header of the PO's financial dimensions are filled out, however we have some examples of where there are multiple lines within a purchase order pointing to different cost centres within one entity and therefore cant fill out the header as this overwrites whatever financial dimensions/cost centre is in the line. How do we raise a purchase order with different lines and different financial dimensions in each one to successfully match an invoice and post to the account without filling out the header and without getting the error above.

Categories:
  • Mario Barnaba Profile Picture
    Mario Barnaba 17 on at
    Accounting distribution error in AP
    Hello,
    I am having an issue with one PO.
    I used distribution amount for this PO to different dimensions and then I posted prepayment invoice.
    then, I posted the full invoice which results in wrong voucher. (some entries are missing for ledger accounts and if I go through view accounting, it is different than the voucher).
    I tried to reverse the invoice but the invoice is reversing based on the correct invoice entry which will be different than the invoice posted.
    How to resolve this issue?
    this issue has resulted only once in this PO.
  • Suggested answer
    Prem Kumar Bachu Profile Picture
    Prem Kumar Bachu 3,412 on at
    RE: Accounting distribution error in AP

Hi Olivia,

Are you uploading invoices to "pending vendor invoices" form in D365? If you are using standard header data entity, you have field called "dimensiondisplayvalue" to enter the dimensions.

• Olivia C Profile Picture
    Olivia C 55 on at

Hi Prem, thank you for this.. this is not related to a journal this is when we upload a supplier invoice to D365 and are trying to match/process this not related to a PO. Do you know how we can fill out the financial dimensions in the header of the invoice with this scenario? Kind Regards

• Suggested answer

I assume you are asking about journals(non-po), in the journal lines we can select financial dimensions.

pastedimage1658153037003v1.png

Let me know if you need help in specific non-po transactions.

Olivia C 55 on at

Thank you Prem, do you know where we can fill out the financial dimensions of the header if it doesnt pull from the PO when non-po related?

• Suggested answer

Hi Olivia,

We get above error if financial dimensions are not selected in the transaction or selected but dimensions are not valid as per accounts structure setup.

So ensure you select the correct financial dimensions according to account structure configuration.

Olivia C 55 on at

Thank you very much Prem, this has appeared to work.. we have been able to put financial dimensions in the header of the PO without overwriting the FD's in each PO line and no error once the invoice is submitted to the workflow.

Please can I ask if you are aware of how we resolve the error above when it is non-PO related?

Kind Regards

Olivia

• Suggested answer
    saurabh bharti Profile Picture
    saurabh bharti 14,932 Super User on at

If you want the line dimensions to be considered then in GL parameters check what is the course die fined ?

Is it document or accounting distribution.

Try changing that as accounting distribution .

Also note here: Header account (Supplier account will fact dimension normally from PO header)

• Suggested answer
    BillurSamdancioglu Profile Picture
    BillurSamdancioglu 13,216 Super User on at

On AP parameters you may select not to update line information from the Po header. Select never as a selection on update parameters

• Verified answer

Hi Olivia,

When we update financial dimension in the PO header we get the below parameters screen, in this do not enable "Update dimension" so that system will not change PO line dimensions.

pastedimage1657806076144v1.png

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,584 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,864 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans