Filter blog posts

Card view List view
  • Relevance
  • Most recent
  • Most liked

Filter blog posts

LikeLike (0)
Tip #1438: Turn on auto search for lookups

Today’s tip is from Amey “Anything But Code” Holden. You can drop your priceless tip into our tipping jar too, thank you very much! I (Amey, not me – t.j.) often see users struggle with the confusing behaviour of lookup...

Community Member Microsoft Employee
LikeLike (0)
Tip #1437: Duplicate property names in JSON objects in Power Automate

From time to time you may be forced to deal with JSON objects in Power Automate that contain duplicate property names. Consider this object, for example: { "Id": 42, "Name": "Fixing the machine", "From&...

LikeLike (0)
Tip #1436: Change the Default Duration Value of the Time Entry in Dynamics 365 Project Operations

Love the tips from Linn because they are short and precise. Unlike me, he does not beat around the bush and goes for jugular: “if you need X do Y or go home”. Today’s tip is no exception even though I know bupkis about Project O...

LikeLike (0)
Tip #1435: Update Dataverse user photo from Office 365 profile

If you think that the title looks suspiciously close to Tip #1378: Update Common Data Service user photo from Office 365 profile, you’d be absolutely right. Why? Because historically Power Platform is renowned for two traits: renaming thing...

LikeLike (0)
Tip #1434: Can you count OR how to add index to array in Power Automate

When developers like Mike! start their sentence with “this is probably really simple”, you know that it rarely is. (No idea why he’s so excited about his name though, I suspect there is some math flex in here). This is probab...

LikeLike (0)
Tip #1433: How to list all Dataverse tables in style

Is there any way to export automatically or with a script a list of all the Dataverse tables in an organisation? From our good friend Shan McArthur came a multilayer answer (narrated and illustrated by The Enabler): One: We have a virtual ...

LikeLike (0)
Tip #1432: Create records in Power Automate without mandatory fields

I really like mini truck stops when two or more MVPs brainstorm a random problem, usually because they are bored [emoticon:c3bc6fd04d0b4f1f9c1cc7d74eb1c174]. Help me understand scenarios where one would use a guid() expression in flow when...

LikeLike (0)
Tip #1431: Power Automate loops without variables

When makers need a loop with a counter in Power Automate, say from 1 to 20 (or 0 to 19 for all of you developers out there), the immediate reaction I’ve observed is to reach for a gun variable: You don’t have to because there ...

LikeLike (0)
Tip #1430: Add Power Automate flows into solution like a boss

You didn’t think I was waffling about replacing triggers in Power Automate flows for no reason, did you? Not once but twice, in fact. The technique of painlessly replacing triggers is more like a kata before you master the art of breaking b...