Breaking news from around the world
Get the Bing + MSN extension
Now Available in Community - MBAS 2019 Presentation Videos
Catch the most popular sessions on demand and learn how Dynamics 365, Power BI, PowerApps, Microsoft Flow, and Excel are powering major transformations around the globe. | View Gallery
2019 release wave 2 Discover the latest updates to Dynamics 365Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Early Access Availability
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Talent TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
Good Morning!After upgrading your DYNAMICS and Company Databases, you need to remember that if you have any modified forms or reports.dic files, those need to be upgraded as well. Here are the steps that you need to take to upgrade your modified forms and reports.dic files. 1. Make a backup of each reports dictionary or forms dictionary prior to the upgrade. The name of the reports dictionary for Microsoft Dynamics GP is Reports.dic and the name of the forms dictionary for Microsoft Dynamics GP is Forms.dic. We recommend making a copy of the .DIC files as well as exporting the modified reports and forms to a package file under Microsoft Dynamics GP | Tools | Customize | Customization Maintenance.
2. Open the Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 launch file (Dynamics.set) and verify that the paths to the modified reports and forms are correct. The paths must be the location of the reports dictionary and forms dictionary from the previous release. For example, if your modified dictionaries are located out on a network share, the paths would look like the following:
:C:Program Files(x86)/Microsoft Dynamics/GP2013/Dynamics.dic//server/dictionary_share/FORMS.DIC//server/dictionary_share/REPORTS.DIC
3. Launch Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 Utilities and click Next to get to the Additional Tasks window. In the Additional Tasks window, select Update modified forms and reports and click Process. The Locate Launch File window appears.
4. Select the Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 launch file (Dynamics.set) that you use to start Microsoft Dynamics GP on this client, then click Next. The Update Modified Forms and Reports window appears.
5. Select Microsoft Dynamics GP and any additional components whose modified forms and reports dictionaries you’re upgrading.
6. For each component, choose the Details button, if necessary, to open the Product Details window, where you can select the location of the original dictionary from the previous release, such as Dynamics.dic or HR.dic. For example, if you are upgrading from Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010, you would browse to the Dynamics.dic in the Microsoft Dynamics GP 2010 client folder for the Microsoft Dynamics GP dictionary upgrade. If you are upgrading the Human Resources modified dictionaries, you would browse to the HR.dic from the previous release. Click OK in the Product Details window.
7. In the Update Modified Forms and Reports window, click Update.
Your modified forms and reports dictionaries are upgraded, and a report named Update2013.txt is generated, which contains information about upgraded modified forms. Be sure to review the report, located in the \Data folder, to verify that your modified forms have been upgraded correctly.
8. Click Next. The Additional Tasks window reappears.At this point in time, you should know if your modified reports and forms upgraded successfully or not but to be sure you can review the Update2013.txt and Update2013.log, for more information about the modified forms and reports upgrade. I hope that this helps to answer your questions in regards to the steps to upgrade your modified reports and forms dictionaries!
VIDEO!! VIDEO!!!! Check out a video demo of upgrading your modified Reports.dic and Forms.dic files - Demo Video!
Check back with our Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 Upgrade Blog Series Schedule for more upgrade blogs!!
Thank you!Sarah PurdyMicrosoft Dynamics
Glad to hear that this helped!
Great , i have resolved one of my issue like upgrade forms through this information.
I am getting this error after upgrading to GP2013
dicrionary needs to be upgraded. use microst dynamics gp utilities to update your modified forms and reports
I logged in as sa to GP and i cant see anything in the export package section.
I am glad to hear that this helped you out!! :)
Business Applications communities