This blog demonstrates how to get the source code of the extension app installed in Microsoft Dynamics Business Central.
1. List the Docker Container:
Command: docker ps
2. Entering the Container:
Command: Enter-NavContainer <Container Name>
3. List all directories in Container:
Command: dir / ls
4. As Extensions are stored in C:\Extensions getting into Extension directory
i. cd C:\Extensions
5. Exit the Container:
6. Copy the .app file inside the container to local path:
Command: docker cp <Container Name>:C:\Extensions\<Filename><LocalDirectory>
7. Make a copy & rename the file with .rar as extension
8. Extract the .rar file and explore the ‘src ‘ folder to get the source code in .AL files
Thus, in this way the source code is visible and can be used for reference.
The post Getting the source code of the .app extension in Microsoft Dynamics Business Central appeared first on CloudFronts - Microsoft Dynamics 365 | Power BI | Azure.