SBX - Forum Post Title

Process Center has disappeared from the Settings tab

Dynamics 365 for Sales Forum

Matt07 asked a question on 18 Dec 2017 9:42 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hi,

We're currently using Dynamics 365 online and I wanted to take a look at the various active custom workflows we have in preparation for doing a release tonight.  A number of these need reactivating after a release due to different object type codes.  I access these via the Settings tab, Process Center.

However, today the Process Center column has disappeared from our production and dev instances, but is still visible in a test instance.  I can't find anything on this and have just suffered a painful 30 minutes going round in circles with Microsoft's frontline support thinking they could give me a quick answer.  All I got was being routed round various departments before having to leave a message for someone to get back to me (and they still haven't).

Anyone have any ideas what could have happened and how we remedy it?  I'm doing a test import as we speak in the hope that I can still fix and reactivate the workflows via an advanced find (can't do it via the solution, processes route as it's a managed solution).

Many thanks,

Matt

Matt07 responded on 18 Dec 2017 10:09 AM
My Badges

Thankfully it appears you can still get to the processes and amend them via the advanced find option.  Would still like to know what happened to the Process Center column though!

Matt07 responded on 18 Dec 2017 10:15 AM
My Badges

I should have added that I am a system customiser and admin in all instances.

Matt Clark responded on 18 Dec 2017 11:58 AM
My Badges

If you're using the default Sitemap setup you could use the XRMToolbox sitemap editor to reset the sitemap to the default - https://www.xrmtoolbox.com/

Alternatively i would suggest exporting the sitemap component from your test system and dev/live systems and comparing the XML.

Matt07 responded on 18 Dec 2017 12:29 PM
My Badges

Thanks for your suggestion Matt.  I have successfully added the missing component to a separate test area using the toolbox.  Something odd is definitely going on with our sitemap today as the release I've just performed is missing two new entities from the sitemap even though the display tabs have been ticked in the solution entity setup (and shows in our test area).  I'll await Microsoft's response to my ticket before I start amending production as it's not mission critical thankfully.

ekmpdx responded on 2 Jan 2018 3:16 PM
My Badges

Did they reply to your ticket? Processes disappeared from our Site Map as well. Worse, we added it back, and then it disappeared again.

Macrotough responded on 3 Jan 2018 11:26 AM

Our firm is having the same problem. Thank you for the tip on finding Processes through advanced find. Hopefully using advanced find will keep things rolling until Microsoft resolves the issue.

Torgeir Lognvik responded on 23 Feb 2018 7:11 AM
My Badges

Our firm has the same issue and I'm preparing for the certification on customzing/configuring. This is really annoying. You still haven't gotten a solution from Microsoft`?

Torgeir Lognvik responded on 23 Feb 2018 7:27 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

As you do have the user-rights to access "Customization" through "Settings Tab". Then you can access "Processes" under "Components"... same place as you find "Entities", "Security roles" and so on. Solved my issuce.

Solved my conundrum to access Processes, but not to show it as a menu point under "Setting-tab"

Matt07 responded on 23 Feb 2018 8:20 AM
My Badges

Microsoft could never explain how the Processes section disappeared.  They simply walked me through how to amend the sitemap via Customisations.  The XrmToolBox Sitemap editor was very useful for looking at our various instances and I've used it to save all sitemaps for safe keeping should it ever happen again.

Torgeir Lognvik responded on 26 Feb 2018 3:34 AM
My Badges

Cool. I'll install Xrm ToolBox too and give it a go!

Christopher Grace responded on 23 May 2018 7:41 PM

This just happened to us.  I am going to try XRMToolbox to fix it.

Torgeir Lognvik responded on 23 Feb 2018 7:27 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

As you do have the user-rights to access "Customization" through "Settings Tab". Then you can access "Processes" under "Components"... same place as you find "Entities", "Security roles" and so on. Solved my issuce.

Solved my conundrum to access Processes, but not to show it as a menu point under "Setting-tab"

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS