Purchase orders received but not invoiced

Question Status

Verified
Allure asked a question on 18 May 2015 4:20 PM

Reconciling Purchased orders received but not invoiced with general ledger.  We need a report that identifies all PO's received, but not invoiced and the $ value.  That $ value would then be balanced to the general ledger account for purchases clearing that represents the liability for those receipts that have not yet been invoiced.

Verified Answer
Guy Terry responded on 18 May 2015 4:35 PM

If your Legal Entity is in the US or Canada, you can use the Accrued purchases report:

technet.microsoft.com/.../aa598272.aspx

If you're elsewhere and you have access to AX developers, you could remove the US/CA restriction on the report. When we did this on R1, I recall installing a hotfix related to the report, removing the Country restriction and altering the report's dialogue box to accept dates that were in a non-US format.

Alternatively, it is possible to extract information about Received but not Invoiced purchase order lines using the following Inquiry:

• Inventory management -> Inquiries -> Transactions -> Transactions.

Press Ctrl + F3 (Advanced Filter) on this inquiry, and build the selects as per this screenshot:
You will be presented with a list of PO transactions which are received but not invoiced. (Transactions which are returned but not credited are also included).
Once you have the list, Ctrl + T will export it to Excel, but with little detail. If you prefer, press Ctrl + A (to select all lines), Ctrl + C (to copy them to the clipboard). Then open Excel and do Paste. This list will contain more information, including PO number and Supplier.
Suggested Answer
Baber Owais responded on 18 May 2015 4:57 PM

Hi Allure,

My client is using Accrued purchases report for this purpose. You can have your developer remove the US, Canada country restrictions and then you would be able to use this report as Guy mentioned in his comments.

In addition to this, there are some hotfixes released by Microsoft to fix different issues in this report, so if you are on AX 2012 FP or AX 2012 R2, search in LCS for Accrued purchases report and install those hotfixes before you can start looking at this report. Without installing hotfix, the report may be slow or some of the data in the report may not be correct.

Please let me know if you have further queries.

Thanks,

Baber.

Allure responded on 18 May 2015 5:05 PM

Fortunately, the Legal Entity is in the US!  This is exactly what we were looking for.

Thank you!

Verified Answer
Guy Terry responded on 18 May 2015 4:35 PM

If your Legal Entity is in the US or Canada, you can use the Accrued purchases report:

technet.microsoft.com/.../aa598272.aspx

If you're elsewhere and you have access to AX developers, you could remove the US/CA restriction on the report. When we did this on R1, I recall installing a hotfix related to the report, removing the Country restriction and altering the report's dialogue box to accept dates that were in a non-US format.

Alternatively, it is possible to extract information about Received but not Invoiced purchase order lines using the following Inquiry:

• Inventory management -> Inquiries -> Transactions -> Transactions.

Press Ctrl + F3 (Advanced Filter) on this inquiry, and build the selects as per this screenshot:
You will be presented with a list of PO transactions which are received but not invoiced. (Transactions which are returned but not credited are also included).
Once you have the list, Ctrl + T will export it to Excel, but with little detail. If you prefer, press Ctrl + A (to select all lines), Ctrl + C (to copy them to the clipboard). Then open Excel and do Paste. This list will contain more information, including PO number and Supplier.
Suggested Answer
Baber Owais responded on 18 May 2015 4:57 PM

Hi Allure,

My client is using Accrued purchases report for this purpose. You can have your developer remove the US, Canada country restrictions and then you would be able to use this report as Guy mentioned in his comments.

In addition to this, there are some hotfixes released by Microsoft to fix different issues in this report, so if you are on AX 2012 FP or AX 2012 R2, search in LCS for Accrued purchases report and install those hotfixes before you can start looking at this report. Without installing hotfix, the report may be slow or some of the data in the report may not be correct.

Please let me know if you have further queries.

Thanks,

Baber.