SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Error when attempting to post Sales Journal in Dynamics 365 Business Central

Dynamics 365 Business Central Forum

Tom Armstrong asked a question on 13 Jul 2018 4:29 PM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

An admin user logged in as Business Manager role in Dynamics 365 Business Central with "SUPER" rights has been able to successfully post the Sales Journal.  Starting Monday the user is now receiving the error message  

"The posting date of one or more journal lines is after the current fiscal year. Do you want to continue?”

The user is not able to continue. Another user with the same rights is able to successfully post this Sales Journal without making any changes to the journal. No error message. The are no posting date restrictions setup.

rcboiler responded on 14 Jul 2018 3:09 PM
My Badges

How far out do your accounting periods go?

Nissay Halas Tia responded on 16 Jul 2018 8:56 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

The reason why one USER can post the sales journal without the message above is because:

a) The Confirm posting after the current fiscal year option is enabled for the 1st user who could not post the sales journal and not for the other. (you can check this in the My notifications page).

b) The Working Dates of both Users are different. They don't have the same Working Date (note: Default posting date is set to Work date in the Sales & Receivables Setup page and you can modify the Working Date from My Setting Page).

c) A Posting Date in the Sales journal Lines is in another fiscal year. So check the Posting Dates of your Sales journal Lines.

Check your fiscal years if they are closed in the Accounting Periods Page.

Nissay Halas Tia responded on 16 Jul 2018 8:56 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

The reason why one USER can post the sales journal without the message above is because:

a) The Confirm posting after the current fiscal year option is enabled for the 1st user who could not post the sales journal and not for the other. (you can check this in the My notifications page).

b) The Working Dates of both Users are different. They don't have the same Working Date (note: Default posting date is set to Work date in the Sales & Receivables Setup page and you can modify the Working Date from My Setting Page).

c) A Posting Date in the Sales journal Lines is in another fiscal year. So check the Posting Dates of your Sales journal Lines.

Check your fiscal years if they are closed in the Accounting Periods Page.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS