SBX - Forum Post Title

Barcode Font in Business Central

Dynamics 365 Business Central Forum

Jeet Patadiya asked a question on 29 Oct 2018 8:06 AM
My Badges

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hello Expert,

I want to use barcode font code 128 B in my Business Central Report  ..?

Thanks in Advance ...!

Best,

Jeet Patadiya

Suggested Answer

In a SaaS environment yiu cannot install a font. You can call a WS, return the barcode image as Stream and save it in a Media field.

Just as an idea:

Armela Kamenica responded on 21 Nov 2018 2:51 PM
My Badges

Did anyone find a solution to this ?

I looked at the link from www.Kauffmann  and it us using DotNet variables. You can't use those with extensions.

Any other ideas ?

Nissay Halas Tia responded on 21 Nov 2018 3:01 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Armela,

Well, the examples in link sent by Stefano has no DotNET variables. Everything in the Kuffmann code is in AL with no DotNet code or variables (Note that you can use DotNet in D365BC on-premise extension development ).

So, you can use JSon objects (or XML objects) with http objects in AL to send and receive data(bar code) via Web Services API.

Best Regards

Armela Kamenica responded on 21 Nov 2018 5:18 PM
My Badges

Thank you for your reply. I actually clicked on the wrong link. Once I reviewed,  I found the GitHub link. I implemented the solution using extensions, however when I am on the Barcode list page and hit new I get the card to open up which is great. I than enter a value and a type Code 39 and I get an error that says "The remote name could not be resolved : Barcodes4.me". Page needs to close. Any ideas ?

Suggested Answer

Check that site, maybe urls are changed (they could have changed some endpoints).

Jeet Patadiya responded on 22 Nov 2018 3:25 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi armeal ,

Already I implemented through API and without .Net Variable.

Best,

Jeet Patadiya

Armela Kamenica responded on 22 Nov 2018 12:41 PM
My Badges

Will try this.

Thanks for your response.

Roberto Stefanetti responded on 23 Dec 2018 2:10 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

hi,

actually I'm using the solution of Kauffmann  (only with a few Changes) and works fine, but i asked some days ago Microsoft about this issue.

Official Answer

“In Spring 19 Microsoft would implement in every VM a set of (purchased by Microsoft) professional barcode fonts. Keep in mind that you would have this out-of-the-box by next April (3/4 months from now).  If you could wait then it would avoid you Azure Functions integrations.”

Armela Kamenica responded on 23 Dec 2018 1:21 PM
My Badges

That is great news.

I also got the solution by Kaufmann to work but having smth out of the box is nice.

Suggested Answer

In a SaaS environment yiu cannot install a font. You can call a WS, return the barcode image as Stream and save it in a Media field.

Just as an idea:

Nissay Halas Tia responded on 21 Nov 2018 3:01 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Armela,

Well, the examples in link sent by Stefano has no DotNET variables. Everything in the Kuffmann code is in AL with no DotNet code or variables (Note that you can use DotNet in D365BC on-premise extension development ).

So, you can use JSon objects (or XML objects) with http objects in AL to send and receive data(bar code) via Web Services API.

Best Regards

Suggested Answer

Check that site, maybe urls are changed (they could have changed some endpoints).

Jeet Patadiya responded on 22 Nov 2018 3:25 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi armeal ,

Already I implemented through API and without .Net Variable.

Best,

Jeet Patadiya

Roberto Stefanetti responded on 23 Dec 2018 2:10 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

hi,

actually I'm using the solution of Kauffmann  (only with a few Changes) and works fine, but i asked some days ago Microsoft about this issue.

Official Answer

“In Spring 19 Microsoft would implement in every VM a set of (purchased by Microsoft) professional barcode fonts. Keep in mind that you would have this out-of-the-box by next April (3/4 months from now).  If you could wait then it would avoid you Azure Functions integrations.”

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS