Server Side sync Disabled for Appointments Contacts and Tasks disable despite successful test.

Question Status

Verified
WCLucas asked a question on 27 Mar 2015 3:43 PM

A couple of our users  ~ 20 have been showing up in the disabled Mailboxes view. Incoming and Outgoing Email is enabled, but the Appointments, Contacts and Tasks are all disabled...

I have verified the affected users are in the same security roles as non affected users and can't see any differences from a permissions standpoint.

The error that shows un in the Alerts section of the Mailbox record reads:

Appointments, contacts, and tasks can't be synchronized for the mailbox <USERNAME> because the mailbox user doesn't have sufficient permissions on this mailbox.
Email Server Error Code: Crm.80040220
Reply
Bruno Lucas responded on 27 Mar 2015 5:50 PM

you can also run a test on the problematic mailbox account 

Settings > Email Configuration > Mailbox > open a mailbox > Test & Enable Mailbox

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dn850386.aspx

Reply
WCLucas responded on 27 Mar 2015 6:49 PM

Thanks, I did run the Test & Enable, they all succeed, but within a couple of minutes the Appointments, Contacts and Tasks disable themselves. I agree with your initial assessment as I suspected the Exchange Server, but have been assured that it is properly configured. I'll spend some time this weekend with your previous links and see what I can discover. Thanks for the articles.

Reply
Bruno Lucas responded on 27 Mar 2015 8:41 PM

Do you know if this users have logged in once using the email interface rather than CRM?

you can compare those accounts with the working ones under 365

Reply
WCLucas responded on 27 Mar 2015 9:25 PM

Sorry, I was rushed during my first post. I should have included that this is an on premise Installation, with a local exchange server.

I did however create a testing role, gave it every right in the application and assigned it to a problematic user without change. So those exchange articles will probably come in handy.

Most of the users with the issue were added after our initial user setup. They belong to a group that is currently adopting the system and most of them haven't even logged in to the system yet.

I'm betting on exchange, It might just be a missed SOP update.

Reply
WCLucas responded on 30 Mar 2015 5:17 PM

Just a final update. Apparently the linked documents were not the ones used originally. Apparently the initial changes were at a mailbox level, this guidance seems to be at the server level so we are hopefully going to see more consistent behavior.

However, even after making the changes to the Exchange server my test accounts were still disabling. So I once again added those accounts to a security role that had all privileges and after retesting the accounts they haven't disabled since this morning.  Now I just have to figure out which rights are missing.

Thanks for all the help.

Reply
treanord responded on 2 Dec 2015 2:38 AM

did you ever find the answer to this?

Reply
WCLucas responded on 2 Dec 2015 8:40 AM

We found something that worked for us. We created a custom security role "Mailbox User" (See screenshots for rights) and assigned it what we could determine to be the minimum set of permissions to prevent the mailbox from disabling... Ok I actually stopped when I didn't care if all users had the remaining permissions associated with the profile so there  may be more than needed. It was a lot of trial and error but it worked and I was on to the next problem.

If the screen shots don't show up, they are on OneDrive.

Reply
treanord responded on 2 Dec 2015 10:30 AM

thanks so much! It was the read permissions on the Email Server Profile (I think) :)

Reply
Suggested Answer
Rob Dawson responded on 29 Jan 2016 7:34 AM

Minimum permissions for Business Management tab of the Security Role are

Reply
Suggested Answer
Justin Mathew responded on 3 Aug 2017 2:43 AM

This solution with the mailbox user role worked nicely for us, however we noticed that it did not work for when applying the role to a team which a user was in. The role needed to be applied directly to the user itself. 

Reply
Suggested Answer
Rob Dawson responded on 29 Jan 2016 7:34 AM

Minimum permissions for Business Management tab of the Security Role are

Reply
Suggested Answer
Justin Mathew responded on 3 Aug 2017 2:43 AM

This solution with the mailbox user role worked nicely for us, however we noticed that it did not work for when applying the role to a team which a user was in. The role needed to be applied directly to the user itself. 

Reply