SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

CRM 2015 online Solution import failed

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

Hari Bingi asked a question on 2 Nov 2015 8:28 AM

Question Status

Verified

I am trying to import unmanaged solution in Test Environment(2015 online update) and the Import is failed due to Workflow(but it is a business rule)

Error is 0x80040217 processtrigger With Id = [GUID] Does Not Exist

I checked in DEV & TEST environment and both environments have this Business rules with same GUID and Same GUID for processtrigger.

Note : The same solution i tried to imported couple of weeks back from Dev to Test and it was successful. 

Import is being failed if solution contains entity(System or Custom) with Business Rules. Even solution import fails even if the solution is imported to same environment(DEV) from where it is exported. 

Import is being successful if solution contains entity(System or Custom) with no Business Rules.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks In advance.

Hari.

Aiden Kaskela (MVP) responded on 2 Nov 2015 7:10 PM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Hi Hari,

I haven't seen this issue before but I've seen other people having this problem. If you haven't already, try the steps from this post (ronaldlemmen.blogspot.com/.../processtrigger-error-messages-and.html ). Like I said, I haven't had the issue personally so I can't attest to that solution, but it's worth a shot.

Hope this helps! I'd appreciate if you would mark this as a Verified answer.

Thanks,

Aiden

Hari Bingi responded on 3 Nov 2015 3:22 AM
Suggested Answer

Hi Aiden,

Thanks for reply and link.

The error we facing is for all Business rule in all entities.

I tried deleting 2 workflows and it shows error for next available Business rule.

As we can not delete all Business rules in all entities, I am just waiting for Microsoft to respond on this as I raised a service ticket with Microsoft and currently they are working on this.

BR

Hari Bingi

AamirMehmood responded on 3 Nov 2015 4:14 PM

try to change the SCOPE of the Business Rule to "All Forms" then export and import your solution - I hope this helps.

regards,

Aamir

Hari Bingi responded on 4 Nov 2015 4:23 AM

Hi Aamir,

Thanks for trick. It did work for some Entity Business rules and did not work for some other Entity Business rules.

Microsoft is actively working on this issue. This issue is effecting all CRM 7.0.2 version systems.

AamirMehmood responded on 4 Nov 2015 8:45 AM

thanks for the feedback Hari...

Joseph Knight responded on 17 Nov 2015 10:50 AM

Hello, Hari:

Were you able to resolve the issue with Microsoft? I receive the same error message when attempting to import from the test to production environment (Dynamics CRM Online 2015 7.0.2.53). 

I spent almost two hours online with tech support, but no solution except for deleting the rules in the production environment.

Joseph

Hari Bingi responded on 17 Nov 2015 12:29 PM

Hi Joseph,

We did not resolved this issue yet.

Microsoft came back with an workaround/temporary fix after testing for more than 5 days.

The workaround is, Microsoft will run the background script to remove affecting process trigger id's. They have tested on their test servers.

They have to do this every time we move solution to other environment.

Anyway, Microsoft said they will drop permanent fix this month end through their monthly updates for CRM Online applications.

Microsoft says this bug is not visible in CRM 2015 update 1.1 version application.

We are in process of updating our CRM applications, So we will be doing solution import after updates.

Are you on on-premise or online version of CRM?

Joseph Knight responded on 17 Nov 2015 1:13 PM

We have the online version. The error first appeared mid-October and I have not successfully imported a solution since October 8th.

The Sandbox has been updated to Version 1.1 and Live is set to upgrade to 1.1 the first week of December. Hopefully that will resolve the issue.

Thank you for replying.

PeB responded on 19 Nov 2015 2:03 AM
My Badges

Hi ..

we have the same issue with crm2015 onprem, since v 0.2.

From other, earlier issues of similar type i thought i'll try to remove the process types business rule from main solution and firstly try to succesful import this main solution (without business rules) and after that, try to import a separate solution with only the business rules integrated...

but i cant find and thereforce not remove the busines rules .. where are they?

i looked in type process (where they can be created), but havent found them).

Greets PeB

PeB responded on 19 Nov 2015 3:01 AM
My Badges

one more thing:

If i delete the business rules in the organisation, bevore importing the solution, the solution import works.

So i think i have delimited the problem.

greets PeB

Hari Bingi responded on 19 Nov 2015 5:10 AM

Hi PeB,

As you know Business Rules are part of entity and can't be taken to other environment as separate solution.

Yes, solutions with entities without Business rules imports fine.

This bug is fixed in V7.1.1 now. I am able to import solutions with business rules as we have our DEV environment is upgraded to V7.1.1

Thanks,

Hari

James Rees responded on 19 Nov 2015 5:35 AM
My Badges

Does anyone know when this might be fixed for On-premise?

PeB responded on 24 Nov 2015 3:00 AM
My Badges

I need the info, when this fix will be released too, for onprem.

Anyone?

Burkhard Vogt responded on 24 Nov 2015 1:29 PM

We have got the same Problem with the 7.02 on premise version. It would be very helpfull to get the info when a fix for on premise will be available. The current situation blocks our development team and we need to update our production environment als soon as possible. Deleting or changing the Business rules in the target environment ist no option.

Hari Bingi responded on 24 Nov 2015 11:30 PM

Hi Burkhard,

Contact Microsoft, they have workaround for this issue on v7.0.2 .

This issue is resolved in v7.1.1 online.

Thanks,

Hari

Aiden Kaskela (MVP) responded on 2 Nov 2015 7:10 PM
My Badges
Verified Answer

Hi Hari,

I haven't seen this issue before but I've seen other people having this problem. If you haven't already, try the steps from this post (ronaldlemmen.blogspot.com/.../processtrigger-error-messages-and.html ). Like I said, I haven't had the issue personally so I can't attest to that solution, but it's worth a shot.

Hope this helps! I'd appreciate if you would mark this as a Verified answer.

Thanks,

Aiden

Hari Bingi responded on 3 Nov 2015 3:22 AM
Suggested Answer

Hi Aiden,

Thanks for reply and link.

The error we facing is for all Business rule in all entities.

I tried deleting 2 workflows and it shows error for next available Business rule.

As we can not delete all Business rules in all entities, I am just waiting for Microsoft to respond on this as I raised a service ticket with Microsoft and currently they are working on this.

BR

Hari Bingi

Anubhav Bajpai responded on 11 Jan 2016 4:22 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi Hari,

Could you verify for the scope of the Business Rules are set to All Forms instead of Information or specific form. I was able to import the solution after changing the scope to "All Forms".

You may try while any update from Microsoft comes through.

Do let me know if this works for you as well.

Thanks & Regards,

Anubhav

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS