SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Dynamics 365 v9 OnPremise Upgrade Fail

Microsoft Dynamics CRM Forum

Shafraz Nasser asked a question on 4 Nov 2018 6:23 PM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hello,

We've upgraded a copy of our production CRM in a sandbox test environment. Towards the end of the upgrade, the following error message appears and the install fails 

21:12:01|   Info| Installing msdynce_MarketingSales from C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\Setup\Serviceability\Latest\Actions_Org\Install\Packages\CRMApps\msdynce_MarketingSales_managed_Package.zip.
21:12:01|   Info| Attempting to acquire lock to unzip package file C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\Setup\Serviceability\Latest\Actions_Org\Install\Packages\CRMApps\msdynce_MarketingSales_managed_Package.zip to location C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\Setup\Serviceability\Latest\Actions_Org\Install\Packages\CRMApps\PkgCache_9_0_0002_3034\msdynce_MarketingSales.
21:12:01|   Info| Acquired llock to unzip package file C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\Setup\Serviceability\Latest\Actions_Org\Install\Packages\CRMApps\msdynce_MarketingSales_managed_Package.zip to location C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\Setup\Serviceability\Latest\Actions_Org\Install\Packages\CRMApps\PkgCache_9_0_0002_3034\msdynce_MarketingSales. Took 0 seconds.
21:12:01|   Info| Unzipping package file C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\Setup\Serviceability\Latest\Actions_Org\Install\Packages\CRMApps\msdynce_MarketingSales_managed_Package.zip to location C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\Setup\Serviceability\Latest\Actions_Org\Install\Packages\CRMApps\PkgCache_9_0_0002_3034\msdynce_MarketingSales.
21:12:01|   Info| Unzipped package file C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\Setup\Serviceability\Latest\Actions_Org\Install\Packages\CRMApps\msdynce_MarketingSales_managed_Package.zip to location C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\Setup\Serviceability\Latest\Actions_Org\Install\Packages\CRMApps\PkgCache_9_0_0002_3034\msdynce_MarketingSales. Took 0 seconds.
21:12:01|   Info| Released lock for package file C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\Setup\Serviceability\Latest\Actions_Org\Install\Packages\CRMApps\msdynce_MarketingSales_managed_Package.zip unzipped to location C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\Setup\Serviceability\Latest\Actions_Org\Install\Packages\CRMApps\PkgCache_9_0_0002_3034\msdynce_MarketingSales.
21:12:01|   Info| Found msdynce_MarketingSales in cache C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\Setup\Serviceability\Latest\Actions_Org\Install\Packages\CRMApps\PkgCache_9_0_0002_3034\msdynce_MarketingSales.
21:12:01|   Info| PackageDeployer: Starting msdynce_MarketingSales install.
21:13:36|   Info| Failed to install package msdynce_MarketingSales on attempt 1.
21:13:36|   Info| Failed to install msdynce_MarketingSalesException: Microsoft.Crm.PackageDeployment.PackageDeployerException: Package msdynce_MarketingSales failed to install on attempt 1.
System.AggregateException: One or more errors occurred. ---> Microsoft.Crm.MultiTenantPackageDeployment.PackageDeployerImportException: PackageDeployerWrapper: Import Failed status encountered. Details: Failed to load solution Marketing Sales Patch, version: 9.0.4.3602. See the log file.
   at Microsoft.Crm.MultiTenantPackageDeployment.PdExecutor.Process(PackageDeploymentInputArgs input, JobOutput`1 output, CancellationToken ct)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
---> (Inner Exception #0) Microsoft.Crm.MultiTenantPackageDeployment.PackageDeployerImportException: PackageDeployerWrapper: Import Failed status encountered. Details: Failed to load solution Marketing Sales Patch, version: 9.0.4.3602. See the log file.
   at Microsoft.Crm.MultiTenantPackageDeployment.PdExecutor.Process(PackageDeploymentInputArgs input, JobOutput`1 output, CancellationToken ct)
   at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Execute()<---

[04/11/2018 05:12:01 PM]: PackageDeployerWrapper: Resetting PackageDeployer operation completion state.
[04/11/2018 05:12:01 PM]: PackageDeployerWrapper: Starting PackageDeployer configuration parsing.
[04/11/2018 05:12:01 PM]: Reading the import configuration. Please wait.
[04/11/2018 05:12:01 PM]: Reading the solutions. Please wait.
[04/11/2018 05:12:03 PM]: Found the solution: Marketing Sales, version: 9.0.4.29 (Managed)
[04/11/2018 05:12:03 PM]: Found the solution: Marketing Sales Patch, version: 9.0.4.3602 (Managed)
[04/11/2018 05:12:03 PM]: Found the detailed data to import.
[04/11/2018 05:12:03 PM]: PackageDeployerWrapper: PackageDeployer successfully finished configuration parsing.
[04/11/2018 05:12:03 PM]: PackageDeployerWrapper: Starting PackageDeployer import operation.
[04/11/2018 05:12:03 PM]: PackageDeployerWrapper: Waiting for PackageDeployer completion...
[04/11/2018 05:13:27 PM]: PackageDeployerWrapper: PackageDeployer reported status [Failed] during import: Failed to load solution Marketing Sales Patch, version: 9.0.4.3602. See the log file.
[04/11/2018 05:13:27 PM]: PackageDeployerWrapper: Logger LastError: Message: Importing solution threw and unforeseen exception
Source	: Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility
Method	: Execute
Date	: 09:13:27 PM
Time	: 04/11/2018
Error	: The AttributeLookupValue (Id=81cde1dc-2241-db11-898a-0007e9e17ebd) entity or component has attempted to transition from an invalid state: ComponentStateName: Solution; ComponentOperation: Delete; ComponentSolutionType: Active; SolutionOperationContext: MoveSystemComponentToFirstPartySolution; IsProtected: False; FinalComponentState: Publish.
Stack Trace	: at Microsoft.Xrm.Tooling.PackageDeployment.CrmPackageCore.ImportCode.BaseImportCustomizations.ExecuteImportSolution(ConfigSolutionFile Sol, String sSolutionImportFilePath)
======================================================================================================================

[04/11/2018 05:13:27 PM]: PackageDeployerWrapper: Logger LastException: System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.OrganizationServiceFault]: The AttributeLookupValue (Id=81cde1dc-2241-db11-898a-0007e9e17ebd) entity or component has attempted to transition from an invalid state: ComponentStateName: Solution; ComponentOperation: Delete; ComponentSolutionType: Active; SolutionOperationContext: MoveSystemComponentToFirstPartySolution; IsProtected: False; FinalComponentState: Publish. (Fault Detail is equal to Exception details: 
ErrorCode: 0x8004F00E
Message: The AttributeLookupValue (Id=81cde1dc-2241-db11-898a-0007e9e17ebd) entity or component has attempted to transition from an invalid state: ComponentStateName: Solution; ComponentOperation: Delete; ComponentSolutionType: Active; SolutionOperationContext: MoveSystemComponentToFirstPartySolution; IsProtected: False; FinalComponentState: Publish.; 
[Microsoft.Crm.ObjectModel: Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.InternalOperationPlugin]
[1b830950-e106-4ee1-b3fd-d348cb65dc8d: ObjectModel Implementation]

I have not yet checked what this Attribute Lookup Value refers to, but wanted to see if others had come across the same issue.

Pranav Shroti responded on 4 Nov 2018 10:54 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi, on the insider program preview I can see others are facing the similar issues. The error is happening during processing of the Marketing Sales Patch, version: 9.0.4.3602 solution.

Resolution is not yet out it seems.

you will have to wait for another patch release I guess.

Regards,

Pranav

If found useful, please mark the answer as verified

Rajesh Chungath responded on 5 Nov 2018 12:14 AM
My Badges

Hi Shafraz Nasser,

You can try this way,

First disable all organizations from Deployment Manager, Then Perform the upgrade. After upgrade you can enable the organizations. It will perform an auto upgrade of the organization. If organization upgrade fails Please disable all custom workflows, Plugins and javascript then enable the organization. Please take a organization backup before upgrade. Also take a system image backup. So if anything wrong you can restore the image in minimal time.

Shafraz Nasser responded on 5 Nov 2018 12:29 AM

Thanks. I don't think that's required. I see folks have been having problems upgraded vanilla v8.2 organisations. The attribute that it's throwing an exception on is CampaignId.

Sven Lange responded on 8 Nov 2018 12:40 PM

Hi, I can confirm that the upgrade of a vanilla v8.2 organisation is running into the same issue. Only a create of an org. under 9.0 was working. Does anybody has a solution for this problem or do we have to wait until Microsoft is providing us a solution?

Regards,

Sven

Shafraz Nasser responded on 8 Nov 2018 7:21 PM
Suggested Answer

Hi Sven,

Somebody posted a workaround on the Insider forum -

You have to uncomment the marketingsales upgrade package in:

C:\Program Files\Dynamics 365\Setup\Serviceability\Latest\Actions_Org\Install\Packages\CRMApps\PkgCache_9_0_0002_3034\msdynce_MarketingSales\msdynce_MarketingSales\ImportConfig.xml

<!--<configsolutionfile solutionpackagefilename="msdynce_MarketingSalesPatch_managed.cab" publishworkflowsandactivateplugins="true" />-->

After you do this, re-run the upgrade against the organization and it'll work; I have not found any issues in my upgraded instance as yet. It's a hack and I wouldn't do it in production but I just wanted to see what my upgraded instance looks like in a sandbox environment so it's been okay for me. 

Allison Walters responded on 12 Nov 2018 1:22 AM
My Badges

Same issue here.  Have put in a support ticket on it as well - hopefully we hear something soon!

AgilePoint AgileXRM responded on 12 Nov 2018 5:38 AM

We had used the Dynamics 365 Insider version (9.0.2.3020) and it successfully upgraded our 8.2 Orgs.

So we checked the line mentioned in the ImportConfig.xml file for that version, and it is uncommented.

So it seems, it somehow got commented in the RTM version (9.0.2.3034) and therefore is causing the issue.

We'll wait for MSFT to confirm. 

Allison Walters responded on 12 Nov 2018 2:57 PM
My Badges

Just heard back from someone on my ticket - they're going to test and get back to me.  However, they say they can't find any internal record of requests on this issue.  A bit concerning, as people elsewhere say they flagged it to MS a week ago or more, but...

Allison Walters responded on 13 Nov 2018 4:29 PM
My Badges

The tech on my ticket has reproduced the issue, and is escalating.  If anyone else has opened/is opening a ticket on this, feel free to quote that there are at least two open tickets on this currently.  Mine is 118110919328095, and the other person from the insider forum's case number is 118111319336873.  Might help link things together so people aren't reinventing wheels.

Allison Walters responded on 15 Nov 2018 12:13 PM
My Badges

I haven't heard anything back from my rep, but someone else on the other forum says he's heard from the Product Group that it's a confirmed bug - something about wrong versions of components being in the installer.  Sounds like possibly a mixup between things that were supposed to go in 9.0.2 vs 8.2.3?  Supposedly should have more info today, but they were targeting Tuesday patch releases for a fix.

Senth responded on 21 Nov 2018 9:16 AM

Hi Allison, We are seeing same issue. Could you please update us if you have any details on resolution from Microsoft.

AgilePoint AgileXRM responded on 21 Nov 2018 9:32 AM
Allison Walters responded on 21 Nov 2018 11:12 AM
My Badges

No update from MS on my ticket.  Just told it's still being looked at.

Sven Lange responded on 21 Nov 2018 11:52 AM

Hi,

I have an answer from MS support. They told me to upgrade first to 8.2.3 which is available since last week but for me it was not solving the issue. The upgrade from 8.2.3 to 9.0 ended up into the same error. Now I am waiting for another feedback from the support team.

AgilePoint AgileXRM responded on 23 Nov 2018 10:44 AM

I confirm that updating to 8.2.3 first and then upgrading to 9.0, threw the same error.

Additionally, just wanted to report that a fresh new 9.0 Org works fine in English, but we could not Enable any Language Packs on it, as it threw this error:

Error: Cannot insert duplicate key exception when executing non-query: 
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand Exception:
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904):
Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'cndx_PrimaryKey_Report'.
Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'dbo.ReportBase'

Pranav Shroti responded on 4 Nov 2018 10:54 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi, on the insider program preview I can see others are facing the similar issues. The error is happening during processing of the Marketing Sales Patch, version: 9.0.4.3602 solution.

Resolution is not yet out it seems.

you will have to wait for another patch release I guess.

Regards,

Pranav

If found useful, please mark the answer as verified

Shafraz Nasser responded on 8 Nov 2018 7:21 PM
Suggested Answer

Hi Sven,

Somebody posted a workaround on the Insider forum -

You have to uncomment the marketingsales upgrade package in:

C:\Program Files\Dynamics 365\Setup\Serviceability\Latest\Actions_Org\Install\Packages\CRMApps\PkgCache_9_0_0002_3034\msdynce_MarketingSales\msdynce_MarketingSales\ImportConfig.xml

<!--<configsolutionfile solutionpackagefilename="msdynce_MarketingSalesPatch_managed.cab" publishworkflowsandactivateplugins="true" />-->

After you do this, re-run the upgrade against the organization and it'll work; I have not found any issues in my upgraded instance as yet. It's a hack and I wouldn't do it in production but I just wanted to see what my upgraded instance looks like in a sandbox environment so it's been okay for me. 

M Moiez responded on 20 Dec 2018 6:54 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

It is quite long to solve such issue as most of the on-prem customers are waiting to upgrade v9, I would like to suggest Microsoft should give on-prem customer priority too as they do for online D365 customers. Anyways my client cannot wait that long and I adopted an alternative way.

Step 1: Exported all entities data and schema using SDK Configuration Tool

Step 2: Exported all customization as Unmanaged

Step 3: Update/Installed v9 on top off 8.2.3

Step 4: Created a new v9 Org on the same box

Step 5: Imported all unmanaged solutions

Step 6: Run Configuration tool from SDK

Finally, v9 is running and tested.

Graeme Donnell responded on 21 Dec 2018 4:08 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi, I am not sure from the majority of posts if anyone has actually tried this, but I have just completed a CRM 2013 to Dynamics 365 (9.0) Upgrade.

I had experienced the issues outlined above, but in the last ditch attempt, I decided to apply each patch individually.  I went straight from CRM 2013 to CRM 2015 and straight to CRM 2016, but from that point, I installed each rollup in order from,

Build 8.0.1.0079

Build 8.0.1.0359

Build 8.1.1.1005

Build 8.2.0.749

Build 8.2.1.176

Build 8.2.2.112

Build 8.2.3008

Build 9.0.2.3034

Just got the impression that most people in this thread were leapfrogging a number of rollups.  I completed this upgrade earlier this and just got confirmation from the testing team that we can go ahead with the Live Upgrade next week.

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS