System Jobs waiting for resources

Question Status

Unanswered
Gerard Holohan asked a question on 25 Jan 2012 5:23 AM

System Details: CRM 2011

Server OS W2K8 64 bit

SQL Server 2008 64 Bit

After applying Rollup 5 I could not log into Dynamics due to .Net registration problems.

I have rebuilt the server and restored my database over the new database/organization I created (matching names). I think my SQL instance name is slightly different.

All my system jobs (Bulk Delete, Workflows etc) are sitting "Waiting For Resources". I have manually deleted all the completed jobs (64000ish) and I have restarted the Async Services etc numerous times.

Is there somewhere in the database tables that I should check to ensure that instance names etc are correct. I have tried the main options found through Internet searches and searches here in the community but to no avail. Before I do a re-installation, has anyone any suggestions of what to try or where to look forther for help.

Sorry about the long-winded post

Bryan Botz responded on 11 Feb 2012 4:05 PM

It is my recomendation that you contact us at Microsoft Dynamics CRM Technical Support and open up a support request. We can help you look at the logs and determine what reason your System Jobs are stuck in a "Waiting for Resources" state.

sn1b responded on 16 Apr 2013 2:10 AM

same problem here since this morning, what was the workaround?

Andre Krijnen responded on 16 Jun 2016 4:42 AM

Hi,

When you have the message waiting for resources it tries to process all tasks and workflows. I don't know your environment looks like, but you can try to tweak the table "DeploymentProperties" in the MSCRM_Config table.

Update the fields:

AsyncItemsInMemoryHigh from the current value (most likely 20) to for example 200

AsyncItemsInMemoryLow from the current value (most likely 10) to for example 100

It enables the AsyncService to process more items in memory.