Personalized Community is here!
Quickly find the content you seek
Choose your path Increase your proficiency with the Dynamics 365 applications that you already use and learn more about the apps that interest you. Up your game with a learning path tailored to today's Dynamics 365 masterminds and designed to prepare you for industry-recognized Microsoft certifications.
Visit Microsoft Learn
2020 release wave 1Discover the latest updates and new features to Dynamics 365 planned through September 2020
Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Preview 2020 Release Wave 1 TimelineWatch the 2020 Release Wave 1 virtual launch event
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants. | Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements | ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks
Hi, I have written a report in SSRS that I have tried to add to CRM via the "Existing file" option.
It is quite a complicated report and gave an error after adding it to CRM.
To try and find what was causing the error, I stripped everything out of the report except “select * from accountbase”, I then renamed the report to “Very basic report.rdl”
When I then added this report to CRM, not only did it work OK but it actually showed the output from original “Complicated” report and all worked fine.
However I needed to make a small change to it and tried to replicate my success with a new report entry (I didn’t want to risk losing the working report)
Unfortunately this time it does not work and gives the original error (I get the same error even when adding the "Very Basic report").
Comparing the two reports in the table "ReportBase" shows them as identical except for the report Id and the date/times. The sql for both shows the “Very Basic” report sql not the one that is actually working.
Can anyone tell me what table in the database the report definition comes from that is run when I click on the report in Reports-Reports-Available Reports when a “Reporting Services Report” is run or how I debug what is happeneing when I click the report link?
Thanks in advance
There are two databases that are used by the SQL Reporting Services:
All the reports and configurations are stored in the first database, and the second one is used to store temporary data and improve the service performance by caching the user sessions.
More about this topic here:
select name, Content
where type =2
When you run report, it takes from SSRS base.
Thanks for the answers guys, however if I look at the OriginalBodyText in "Reports" it shows the definition for the "Basic report" not the actual one that is running when I click the link.
To recap, I created the report in ssrs report builder, exported the report as <file>.rdl
Then in CRM I went to Add new report, selected "From file" and loaded the saved report.
Because I exported the report from report builder I don't think there will be any link between crm and reportserver so the report that is running must be defined within crm somewhere but it isn't in "Reports" table as that is showing the wrong report structure.
As i wrote before, current running reports store in SSRS DB:
Content - is content of a report! It is in a Hex View in a base.
select name, Content, CONVERT(varchar(max), cast(content as varbinary(max)))
P.S. i didn't think above, that convert from hex to string makes some troubles.
Sorry, I understand it now, so even though I am importing the report into crm it in fact stores the report in the ssrs reports database.
Business Applications communities