Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Have questions on moving to the cloud? Visit the Dynamics 365 Migration Community today! Microsoft’s extensive network of Dynamics AX and Dynamics CRM experts can help.
2022 Release Wave 2Check out the latest updates and new features of Dynamics 365 released from October 2022 through March 2023
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Community | FastTrack Program | Finance and Operations TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks | All TechTalks
I've recently downloaded Visual Studio 2017 Express onto a new machine that I'm using, created a repor that spins up fine in SSRS, however, when I go to import it into our On-Prem Dynamics 2015 I get the following error:
When I copied and rebuilt the report in VS2012 (which I can't seem to download independently), the report works.
Has anyone come across this before? Is there anything that can be done? If not, can I get Visual Studio 2012 with the reporting services plugins? I don't want to have to create directly on my SQL.
Error log below:
Unhandled Exception: System.ServiceModel.FaultException`1[[Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk.OrganizationServiceFault, Microsoft.Xrm.Sdk, Version=22.214.171.124, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35]]: An error occurred while trying to add the report to Microsoft Dynamics CRM. Try adding the report again. If this problem persists, contact your system administrator.Detail: <OrganizationServiceFault xmlns:i="www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema-instance" xmlns="schemas.microsoft.com/.../Contracts"> <ErrorCode>-2147188072</ErrorCode> <ErrorDetails xmlns:d2p1="schemas.datacontract.org/.../System.Collections.Generic"> <KeyValuePairOfstringanyType> <d2p1:key>CallStack</d2p1:key> <d2p1:value xmlns:d4p1="www.w3.org/.../XMLSchema" i:type="d4p1:string"> at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.VersionedPluginProxyStepBase.Execute(PipelineExecutionContext context) at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.Pipeline.Execute(PipelineExecutionContext context) at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.MessageProcessor.Execute(PipelineExecutionContext context) at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.InternalMessageDispatcher.Execute(PipelineExecutionContext context) at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.ExternalMessageDispatcher.ExecuteInternal(IInProcessOrganizationServiceFactory serviceFactory, IPlatformMessageDispatcherFactory dispatcherFactory, String messageName, String requestName, Int32 primaryObjectTypeCode, Int32 secondaryObjectTypeCode, ParameterCollection fields, CorrelationToken correlationToken, CallerOriginToken originToken, UserAuth userAuth, Guid callerId, Guid transactionContextId, Int32 invocationSource, Nullable`1 requestId, Version endpointVersion) at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.OrganizationSdkServiceInternal.ExecuteRequest(OrganizationRequest request, CorrelationToken correlationToken, CallerOriginToken callerOriginToken, WebServiceType serviceType, UserAuth userAuth, Guid targetUserId, OrganizationContext context, Boolean returnResponse, Boolean checkAdminMode) at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.OrganizationSdkServiceInternal.ExecuteRequest(OrganizationRequest request, CorrelationToken correlationToken, CallerOriginToken callerOriginToken, WebServiceType serviceType, Boolean checkAdminMode) at Microsoft.Crm.Extensibility.OrganizationSdkServiceInternal.Execute(OrganizationRequest request, CorrelationToken correlationToken, CallerOriginToken callerOriginToken, WebServiceType serviceType, Boolean checkAdminMode)</d2p1:value> </KeyValuePairOfstringanyType> </ErrorDetails> <Message>An error occurred while trying to add the report to Microsoft Dynamics CRM. Try adding the report again. If this problem persists, contact your system administrator.</Message> <Timestamp>2018-03-28T15:32:06.9278856Z</Timestamp> <InnerFault i:nil="true" /> <TraceText i:nil="true" /></OrganizationServiceFault>
Try to set target reporting services version in SSDT - blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/.../ssdt-vs2015-gotcha-target-server-version-new-feature and try to import report from debug folder - it worked for me.
Thanks for that! I have changed the setting in the Project options, resaved the RDL file:
but unfortunately still get the same error:(
The next thing to check is following - Reporting Services Logs - technet.microsoft.com/.../ms159110(v=sql.105).aspx
At your recommendation I've looked at Executionlog (1,2 and 3) but there are no lines with a timestart from today or yesterday, so I can't see anything relating to this report import.
I've set the project as 2008/2012/2014 target, I might try a quick report now to see if it makes a difference, if it's one report I have to remake it's not the end of the world but this is frustrating.
I just wanted to follow up and say that I just created a new project and set the target SQL version as 2012 and setup a basic query pulling Opportunities into a table and it still would not load into CRM, same error message.
The other reporting services log files should give more information than the executionlog files
Business Applications communities