Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Have questions on moving to the cloud? Visit the Dynamics 365 Migration Community today! Microsoft’s extensive network of Dynamics AX and Dynamics CRM experts can help.
2021 Release Wave 1Discover the latest updates and new features to Dynamics 365 planned April 2021 through September 2021.
Release overview guides and videos Release Plan | Preview 2021 Release Wave 1 Timeline
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance and Operations TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks | All TechTalks
When trying to run reports we are getting a Reporting Error
Reporting Error The Report can not be displayed (rsProscessingAborted) with the options Try Again or Close. We hit Try again and get an Invalid Argument error. We can hit Try again 4 times and get yet another error -
I had my Network admin take a look and she is seeing this:
processing!ReportServer_0-81!519c!02/04/2019-08:16:09:: e ERROR: Data source 'CRM': An error has occurred. Details: Microsoft.ReportingServices.ReportProcessing.ReportProcessingException: Cannot create a connection to data source 'CRM'. ---> Microsoft.Crm.Reporting.DataExtensionShim.Common.ReportExecutionException:
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: The user name or password is incorrect.
---> Microsoft.Crm.Reporting.DataExtensionShim.Common.ReportExecutionException: The user name or password is incorrect.
This is happening with any report we try to run, including User Summary.
Any suggestions would be great.
The error message clearly states that the Data Source connection fails because of invalid credentials
Could you please login to the Report Manager and check the Data Source Properties and make sure its got valid credentials and its type set.
Please refer to following links if you would like to have read to know more about these settings
Hope this helps
Can you check the below:
1. Report server is up and running
2. Reporting services are properly configured for your CRM
3. Is it happening to all users even System Admin?
Charles Abi Khirs
This has worked in the past. Reports are run monthly about this time.
1. The report server is up and running
2. How do we check reporting services? to make sure they are configured properly, however reports have worked previously.
3. It is happening to all users, even System Admin.
Please refer to Microsoft link for how to configure the reporting services for on-premise environments. docs.microsoft.com/.../configure-ssrs-on-premises
Hope this helps!
Charles Abi Khirs.
As per Kokulan's response. If you have a user set ensure the password is correct. It may have been changed and not updated here?
We are running CRM 2011 and I do not see the Reporting Services Configuration Manager application on our server.
Check your SQL Server
If you don't know the reporting server,
1. Log in to your CRM Server and launch the Deployment Manager
2. In the left menu click Organizations
3. Right click your organizetion > Properties
4. In the Properties dialog, validate the report server URL (most probably it is the SSRS server name)
5. login to the SSRS server and follow the steps in the link previously provided
Hope this help!
Business Applications communities