Check out the latest features available in Dynamics 365 for Customer Engagement, including LinkedIn Connect, Voice of the Customer and Universal Resource Scheduling.
Dynamics 365 2019 release wave 2 plan Discover the latest updates to Dynamics 365.Release Plan | Weekly Deployment Notes
Ace your Dynamics 365 deployment with packaged services delivered by expert consultants.Explore service offerings
Connect with the ISV success team on the latest roadmap, developer tool for AppSource certification, and ISV community engagements.
ISV self-service portal
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Program | Finance and Operations TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Talent TechTalks
One of my customer is looking to migrate their Dynamics CRM 2015 On prem to Dynamics 365 Online.
What is the best approach to do as a partner?
1. Traditional way: Migrate 2015 to D365 On prem and then D365 Onprem to Online
2. fastTrack service for cloud Migration?
There are few options to migrate Dynamics CRM 2015 On-Prem to Dynamics 365 online, but Fasttrack is preferred over other options.
"Fasttrack is a service provided by Microsoft that helps customers onboard Microsoft Cloud solutions and drive user adoption. Customers with eligible subscriptions to Microsoft 365, Azure or Dynamics 365 can use Fasttrack at no additional cost for the life of their subscription."
The process is really smooth and most of the heavy lifting is done by Microsoft.
Overview of how the process works
01. Once you contacted and signed up for it, you will have an initial call with a Fast Track solution architect. And in that call, he/she will explain how the process works, in most cases this person would become your PM on the Microsoft side.
02. You will then be given access to Life Cycle Services (LCS) site which is where the entire migration process is managed - A project will be created by the PM.
03. Most of the setup will be done by Microsoft but on LCS, you will have to do some configuration such as the Azure storage account subscription details, CRM instance details and other.
04. Before you backup and upload your CRM 2015 DB, you will have to go through the pre-validation checks to make sure the DB is ready for uploading to Azure
05. Once you checked all, uploaded the DB, the PM will kick off the import process and you will also be asked to do the user mapping, most of the time in a CSV file
06. CRM 2015 will first be upgraded to 2016, and then to 8.2 and then to V9. This is all done automatically by the process, you do not have to do anything.
Please see the following diagram for an overview of the steps involved
Some useful links
Thanks for your help. I Appreciate it.
What i understand is, any customer based on number of licenses can go (sign up) for FastTrack service with MS. And MS Solution Architect and PMs will help the customer to do the migration.
What is the involvement of a partner in the process, As customer has an option to work directly with MS.
As long as the following requirement is met, the customer is eligible for FT.
"Customers with eligible subscriptions to Microsoft 365, Azure or Dynamics 365 can use Fasttrack at no additional cost for the life of their subscription."
Now the customer can directly contact MS but If their CRM is managed by a Partner, normally the partners will deal with the migration. The customer will grant necessary access to the tenant for the migration to be done.
Business Applications communities