Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Have questions on moving to the cloud? Visit the Dynamics 365 Migration Community today! Microsoft’s extensive network of Dynamics AX and Dynamics CRM experts can help.
2022 Release Wave 2Check out the latest updates and new features of Dynamics 365 released from October 2022 through March 2023
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Community | FastTrack Program | Finance and Operations TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks | All TechTalks
All of a sudden, none of existing CRM CMD-lets works in PowerShell anymore, all return (500) Internal Server Error.Not even Get-CrmServer or Get-CrmSetting do work anymore. I mean if I call Get-CRMSetting without any options, it askes me for SettingType, but then if I enter e.g. OAuthClaimsSettings (or any other type) it returns error 500 right away.
It's a Dynamics 365 V8.2 (on-premises) server running all in one, CRM and SQL. It is a Windows 2016 Server with MSSQL2016. and the PowerShell in charge also is launched on the same host, as administrator or not as administrator, no difference.
I wanted to check "Get-CrmSetting -SettingType OAuthClaimsSettings" because I feel like this has been reset to false aver I re-configured Claims-Based Authentication for that CRM. And form that point on my Dynamics 365 App for Outlook does not work anymore, e.g. none can login. And that's why I figured this out.
Other stuff like regular usage of CRM via browser works, also internal and external (IFD) URL login is working.
Are you able to run any other PowerShell commands from the server? How about the Deployment Manager, can you use that tool without issue? Did anything change in the environment besides reconfiguring claims?
From what I can tell yes, I can use other PowerShell command. I can even use like "Get-CrmSetting" - if I only start this one, I do get at the next step where I am asked to introduce SettingType, but at any point where something CRM-related needs to be retrieved, it breaks.
[System.Environment]::OSVersion.Version for instance also works and returns expected values.
I can also use Deployment Manager, e.g. I just have disabled an organization test-wise.
Claims and IFD was reconfigured, but nothing else. On the other side, on ADFS relaying party trusts for claims and ifd where deleted and newly created, but nothing else. And as I said, the system works fine so far, except D365 app for Outlook, but that I guess is because due to re-configuring claims OAuthClaimsSettings switched to false, I assume.
I also read somewhere that the service account used for CRMDeploymentServiceAppPool (CRMDeploymentServiceAppPool Application Pool identity) needs to have SQL Server sysadmin, I doubt that, but I gave it these privileges, without any susscess.
Business Applications communities