Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 general forum
Suggested answer

Common Data Service / Dataverse missing fields

Posted on by 5

Azure Data Factory (Microsofts ETL tool) has a connector that connects to the common data service (now Microsoft Dataverse). A client of ours is using Azure Data Factory as an ETL solution for their Data Warehouse. Recently we noticed none of the multi-select fields are populating in the Data Warehouse. I have traced this back to the fields not appearing in the connections to the Common Data Service via Azure Data Factory. I have verified the fields to exist in the target environment and they are marked as searchable. I find it very hard to believe that Microsoft Azure Data Factory and the Common Data Service are unable to facilitate this task. I have tried to search for documentation but the rate at which components are being renamed makes in nearly impossible to find anything on the outdated MSDN (which still refers to choices fields as multi-select picklists 2013 I think?)

If anyone knows or can point to anything about "choices" fields (formerly multi-select optionsets, formerly multi-select picklists) and the common data service it would be a great help. Even something that officially states it is not available.

Have a great day. Thanks for the time.

• Wahaj Rashid Profile Picture
    Wahaj Rashid 11,319 on at
    RE: Common Data Service / Dataverse missing fields

Hi,

To make it easier for other readers, can you please mark the appropriate answer as verified (Click Yes under 'Did this answer your question')?

• Suggested answer
    Wahaj Rashid Profile Picture
    Wahaj Rashid 11,319 on at
    RE: Common Data Service / Dataverse missing fields

Hi,

Thank you for your query.

As of now, MultiSelectPicklist is not supported with Azure Data Factory's Dataverse connector:

pastedimage1610619838842v1.png

Here is the official docs link (look for above note under this section):

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/data-factory/connector-dynamics-crm-office-365#data-type-mapping-for-dynamics

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Dynamics 365 Community Newsletter - September 2024

Check out the latest community news

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,524 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,493 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates