Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 general forum
Suggested answer

Default Values in New Address on a Customer

Posted on by 2
Could you advise me on how to set up default values on the New Address form on a customer?   Is this available to do as part of D365? 
  • Leah Ju Profile Picture
    Leah Ju Microsoft Employee on at
    Hi Partner,
    Based on your screenshot, you are using Finance&operations app.
    So you need post the question in the following correct forum for further help:
  • Default Values in New Address on a Customer
    Thank you very much for your reply.  I spoke to a business user and have clarified the request.  We would like specified values from the customer master to show as defaults on the New Address form for ship-to (Purpose:  Delivery) addresses.  Navigate to:  All Customers > select a customer that we ship to. This is the customer master.  We would like certain values from the Customer Master Invoice and Delivery fast tab to populate on New Delivery addresses by default.  

Here are some screen shots for reference:   
    This is a customer we have delivery addresses on.  I have opened it to the Invoice and delivery fast tab so you can see one field we want to default onto New Delivery addresses.

Whatever is in the Mode of delivery on the customer master, we would like to populate on a New delivery address in the Mode of delivery field: 

Thanks again, 
    Erin
  • Suggested answer
    Leah Ju Profile Picture
    Leah Ju Microsoft Employee on at
    Hi Partner,
    In the Accounts and Contacts (i.e.: the customer entities) in Dynamics CRM:
    1.They already contain address fields which are used to capture address information for a customer record.
    --By default, Accounts have 2 sets of address fields and there are 3 for Contacts.
    2.These address stored as a 1: many link to the Address entity.
    --Updates to the address fields or to the corresponding Address record are automatically mirrored to the other end of the relationship.
    Are you trying to populate the default values on the following address fields?
    You can use business rule--set default value to achieve it.
    Test:

I hope you can mark my answer verified if it is helpful! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.
    Regards,
    Leah

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,584 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,864 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans