Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics AX forum
Answered

HierarchyViewerWPF documentation or help

Posted on by

Hi there!

Does anyone know where I can find documentation for the following classes?

• Microsoft.Dynamics.HierarchyViewerWPF.HierarchyView
  • Microsoft.Dynamics.HierarchyViewerWPF.HVController 

I've tried googling and MSDSing them, but it is like they do not exist. (This is used in forms like HierarchyDesigner with a ManagedHost form control.)

Thanks in advance.

-Tina

• Martin Dráb Profile Picture
    Martin Dráb 225,985 Super User on at
    RE: HierarchyViewerWPF documentation or help

There are several great tools available - look at ILSpy (open source), for instance.

• Tina Vyf Profile Picture
    Tina Vyf on at

Thanks for the answer, Martin! I get it, but I just not used to not seeing Microsoft's code that I am using in Dynamics AX.

I was able to finish my custom hierarchy builder without documentation. There are a few thing that I could not figure out by looking at the examples is AX, like how to make the node block size bigger. Lucky it not a big issue.

I have never decompiled an assembly before. Could you point me in the right direction for a tutorial or tool to do that?

• Verified answer
    Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Microsoft.Dynamics.HierarchyViewerWPF.HierarchyView doesn't seem to be considered a public interface and you simply don't get documentation for every class internally used by Microsoft or any other company in their products.

What I do with .NET assemblies without documentation is decompiling them and looking at the code.

Tina Vyf on at

I found the answer to my last question - I forgot to implement getNodeName() on the OMHierarchyDesigner class.

Back to my original question, where can I find documentation for .Net classes in Dynamics?

For example, I've also used Workbook.ExportAsFixedFormat in Dynamics ax. If you google that, the first hit is a MSDN page with documentation:

msdn.microsoft.com/.../microsoft.office.tools.excel.workbook.exportasfixedformat.aspx

Where can I find similar documentation for these classes?

Microsoft.Dynamics.HierarchyViewerWPF.HierarchyView

Microsoft.Dynamics.HierarchyViewerWPF.HVController

(and if none exist, my question is, how is that possible?)

Tina Vyf on at

Hi Martin,

Thanks for your reply.

I am making a custom hierarchy for inventory that should look like the organizational hierarchy. I have my own implementations of OMOrganizationNode, OMOrganizationHierarchy and OMHierarchyDesigner.

When I create OMOrganizationNodes and add them to the OMOrganizationHierarchy, I can see the node rendered with the company name. When I add MyNodes, the node is rendered, but with no text (so no company name or other test). As far as I can see, a OMOrganizationNodes is simply a RefRecId to OMOperatingUnit or CompanyInfo.

My question is, at what point does the OMOrganizationHierarchy, HVController or HierarchyView retrieve the company name/operating unit and renders that on the hierarchy?

• Martin Dráb Profile Picture

I don't think that such documentation exists.

Are you dealing with any specific problem regarding this control?

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,768 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,985 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans