Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Supply Chain Management forum
Unanswered

Enhanced Label (Layouts) Template Support

Posted on by 8
Hi All,
I have been working with custom label layouts and have been finding it to be a useful tool.  Unfortunately, I have been unable to find more in depth documentation surrounding the /Enable label template support/ other than, /... Set it to Yes to create more advanced layouts that include {{Header ... }}, {{Row ... }}, and {{Footer ... }} elements..../

With that said, I did recently find this example from the Print Container Labels - Enable label template support which shows examples of: {{HeaderFirst ... }}, {{FooterFirst ... }}, in addition to /RowsPerLabelFirst=/, /StartYFirst=/.  Which indicates there is further functionality surrounding this enhanced label template option however, there really isn't any info or further examples I can find to suggest how this works or what other options are available to take advantage of.

This then leads to me to my question:
Can two /{{Row Table=XYZ .... }}/ type elements be utilized in one custom label layout and ideally, be nested within each other?  And if so, what does the syntax look like for Row, Table, StartY, IncY, RowsPerLabel, $position.YPos$, start & end of {{ }}, etc.?

This would enable users to print a label for multiple records in a table and at the same time, pull multiple rows of information per table record.  To my example below, from a transfer journal (likely applies to SO, PO, TO, etc.) I could print out a batch ID label for each transfer line that has multiple /Purchased/ transactions per line (due to registration) and at the same time, print out the batch attribute information.  I can get this to work when there is only one transaction per transfer journal line but as soon as multiple transactions exist, the attributes portion of the label will not work or print.  As a result, it appears likely that two nested tables within the label layout could allow this to work.

Could it be something like:
```
{{Row1 Table1=InventTrans_1 StartY1=100 IncY1=-50 RowsPerPerLabel1=1

^FO$position.YPos1$,200^AFR,28,10^FD$InventDim_1.inventBatchId$^FS

{{Row2 Table2=PdsBatchAttributes_1 StartY2=200 IncY2=-50 RowsPerLabel2=4

^FO$position.YPos2$,600,^AFR,28,10^FD$PdsBatchAttributes_1.PdsBatchAttribId$^FS

}}
}}
```

The above is just a guess as to what this could look like as when I have tested the general syntax above, it does not work.  I would appreciate any suggestions, documentation outlining the functionality, or working examples that others have used.
Thank you!
  • ED-05060454-0 Profile Picture
    ED-05060454-0 2 on at
    Hi Dan

I have a similar requirement for printing rows with data from multiple tables. Were you able to get this right?

Thanks
    Emily
  • DP-05061402-0 Profile Picture
    DP-05061402-0 8 on at
    Hi Hana, I appreciate the help and the links that you have provided.  Unfortunately, I don't see any further details covering the "Row" & "Table" functions which is what I'm hoping to find.  Hopefully someone else can provide some more insight or more documentation gets released.
    Cheers,
    Dan
  • Hana Xue Profile Picture
    Hana Xue Microsoft Employee on at
    Hi,
    There are relatively few official documents about this function, which may not meet your needs. You can try to find relevant learning videos about this function on YouTube. You can also check the link below to see if it is helpful. Alternatively, you can wait for support from other people in the forum who are more familiar with this feature.
    License plate label layouts and printing - Supply Chain Management | Dynamics 365 | Microsoft Learn
    https://www.bing.com/videos/riverview/relatedvideo?&q=D365++label+template+&&mid=3B5A4967EB8EC79E1E763B5A4967EB8EC79E1E76&&FORM=VRDGAR
    https://www.bing.com/videos/riverview/relatedvideo?&q=D365++label+template+support&&mid=3537636AA6421AB5683A3537636AA6421AB5683A&&FORM=VRDGAR
    Best Regards,
    Hana

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Dynamics 365 Community Newsletter - September 2024

Check out the latest community news

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,524 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,493 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates