Skip to main content

Notifications

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / Options in D365 Financ...
Finance forum
Suggested answer

Options in D365 Finance and Operations for logging external restful API calls made from X++

Posted on by 7
Hi there. I am working a D365 Finance and Operation solution that includes making a call to an external Restful API service. One of the requirements is for the JSON request and response data for the calls be saved for auditing and troubleshooting purposes. The request and response data that is saved also needs to be viewable within the Finance and Operations system. Furthermore, the data should either be automatically cleared up from time to time or at the very least provide an option to clear the data.

Are there any out of the box classes, methods, or tables that my X++ code can utilize? I would like to avoid creating a new table and form if something like this already exists. 
I am familiar with using Azure App Insights for logging but that may not be an option as I don't believe it is viewable from within Fin+Ops.

Thank you
  • Anthony Blake Profile Picture
    Anthony Blake 1,019 on at
    Options in D365 Finance and Operations for logging external restful API calls made from X++
    You would need to create something custom, or perhaps put APIM in the middle. APIM has the facility to log the calls and send to a ALA workspace.

• Suggested answer
    Waed Ayyad Profile Picture
    Waed Ayyad 3,434 on at
    Hi,

I don't think you will find an OOB functionality to achieve this. Take a look in following question in the community it maybe helps you:

Thanks,
    Waed Ayyad
    If this helped, please mark it as "Verified" for others facing the same issue

• Suggested answer
    Anton Venter Profile Picture
    Anton Venter 6,730 Super User on at
    Hi,

No, there isn't any standard functionality that fully meets all your requirements. Business Events comes close but it's not meant for this kind of thing.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Mohamed Amine Mahmoudi!

Blog subscriptions now enabled!

Follow your favorite blogs

TechTalk: How Dataverse and Microsoft Fabric powers ...

Explore the latest advancements in data export and integration within ...

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 284,876 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,425 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,146

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans