Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 general forum
Answered

Developer Training / Sandboxing

Posted on by 10

Hey all,

Many of the questions here are working with organizations that are already using Dynamics 365.

I'm interested in knowing if there is a mechanism/product offering for developers who want a sandbox for full Dynamics 365 application building and testing.

It doesn't need to handle lots of users or even data - it just needs to be a useful sandbox for trying out concepts and integrations without having to register for a free trial each time and then losing the work.

We used to be able to do this fairly easily with the on-premises offering (as we managed our own instances) but I'd like to be able to have my own that includes the Azure Administration piece so I can get an all-encompassing view of everything

Anyone know of such an offering?

Thanks

Andrew

• akselsoft Profile Picture
    akselsoft 10 on at
    RE: Developer Training / Sandboxing

Thank you - that is precisely what I needed.

While I don't mind using one of my partner's accounts, I do enough work around the way that having my own license is preferred.

• Verified answer
    ACECORP Profile Picture
    ACECORP 1,579 on at
    RE: Developer Training / Sandboxing

$95 per month will get you a D365 Enterprise License which will enable you to have a D365 Instance to use for whatever you want, and it will last as long as you continue to pay for the subscription.

If your organization has a D365 subscription, you can create as many sandbox instances as you want within that subscription at no charge provided you have enough storage.

Developers can utilize a 25-user 90-day free developer subscription here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/developer-program/microsoft-365-developer-program-get-started

After the 90-day period, developers can reduce the number of licenses and then purchase and pay for only one $95 /month D365 Enterprise License. 

Microsoft Partner Companies & CSPs have the option to subscribe to and purchase an Action Pack Subscription that includes access to a D365 org. 

Otherwise, it is advised that the developer utilizes a sandbox instance within their company's D365 Subscription to use for development. 

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Dynamics 365 Community Newsletter - September 2024

Check out the latest community news

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,524 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,493 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates