Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 general forum
Answered

Developer Training / Sandboxing

Posted on by 10

Hey all,

Many of the questions here are working with organizations that are already using Dynamics 365.

I'm interested in knowing if there is a mechanism/product offering for developers who want a sandbox for full Dynamics 365 application building and testing.

It doesn't need to handle lots of users or even data - it just needs to be a useful sandbox for trying out concepts and integrations without having to register for a free trial each time and then losing the work.

We used to be able to do this fairly easily with the on-premises offering (as we managed our own instances) but I'd like to be able to have my own that includes the Azure Administration piece so I can get an all-encompassing view of everything

Anyone know of such an offering?

Thanks

Andrew

• akselsoft Profile Picture
    akselsoft 10 on at
    RE: Developer Training / Sandboxing

Thank you - that is precisely what I needed.

While I don't mind using one of my partner's accounts, I do enough work around the way that having my own license is preferred.

• Verified answer
    ACECORP Profile Picture
    ACECORP 1,575 on at
    RE: Developer Training / Sandboxing

$95 per month will get you a D365 Enterprise License which will enable you to have a D365 Instance to use for whatever you want, and it will last as long as you continue to pay for the subscription.

If your organization has a D365 subscription, you can create as many sandbox instances as you want within that subscription at no charge provided you have enough storage.

Developers can utilize a 25-user 90-day free developer subscription here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office/developer-program/microsoft-365-developer-program-get-started

After the 90-day period, developers can reduce the number of licenses and then purchase and pay for only one $95 /month D365 Enterprise License. 

Microsoft Partner Companies & CSPs have the option to subscribe to and purchase an Action Pack Subscription that includes access to a D365 org. 

Otherwise, it is advised that the developer utilizes a sandbox instance within their company's D365 Subscription to use for development. 

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,584 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,864 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans