Skip to main content

Notifications

Microsoft Dynamics NAV forum
Suggested answer

BREP and Licence reduction

Posted on by
I would appreciate any advice from anyone with experience on this topic. Dynamics 365 BC on prem user with perpetual licences. Downsized the team and now looking to our supplier to reduce licences and ultimately BREP annually. They point blank tell us this is not possible. I cannot believe that Microsoft do not have a mechanism in place for this. I have read on another resellers blog that there is merely a form to fill in and sign to reduce licence numbers or codeunits if we chose to reduce. 

Anyone with any wisdom? 

Thanks,

D
  • CU20061018-0 Profile Picture
    CU20061018-0 2 on at
    Yes you can permanently deactivated the licenses you dont need. thus BREP reduced . But you will have to buy them back as new if you should need them again.
  • Suggested answer
    KasparsSemjonovs Profile Picture
    KasparsSemjonovs 3,222 Super User on at
    On-Prem perpetual licences cannot be downsized/decreased. 
    You can just stop paying BREP - if You know that You will not need to add something to the license (add-on, tables etc. or You are not planning to perform upgrade to newer version anytime soon).  After several years if You need to change something after all in the license You will need to pay BREP for all the skipped years, or if they are more than 5-6 years, it is cheaper just to buy a totally new license.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Mohamed Amine Mahmoudi!

Blog subscriptions now enabled!

Follow your favorite blogs

TechTalk: How Dataverse and Microsoft Fabric powers ...

Explore the latest advancements in data export and integration within ...

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 284,876 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,425 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,146

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans