Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 general forum
Suggested answer

Assigning the task using lookup field within BPF along with task information

Posted on by 92
Hello, 
I am planning to have a lookup field in Task entity with in the business process flow. This lookup field will lookup another entity with list of user email addresses to assign the task to specific reviewer. So basically Manager should be able to assign the task and send the notification with all task information. How can achieve that?

Thanks in advance!
  • Rakki Profile Picture
    Rakki 92 on at
    Hello,

Thanks again. i am very close to this requirement.  i am using lookup field with in BPF stage and selecting the reviewer email address from lookup field and running power automate flow from the BPF. everything looks good, sendting notification to reviewers but problem is its sending notifications to all existing reviewers within the entity. But i want to send only selected reviewer from the lookup field. 

• Dengliang Li Profile Picture
    Dengliang Li Microsoft Employee on at
    Hi,

Has the issue been solved?
    Have there been any updates? Please feel free to ask me if you have any questions!
    If it has been resolved, can you mark the response as an answer?

• Suggested answer
    Dengliang Li Profile Picture
    Hi,

Records cannot be assigned by fields other than the Owner field.
    You can only designate certain users as reviewers and then assign tasks to those users.

To disable users from assigning task entity records, you need to set the user's security role.
    In the security role, the assignment permission for the activity table is None.

You can send information about the task as a notification to the reviewer user for that task through the flow.

Best Regards,
    Dengliang Li

• Rakki Profile Picture
    Rakki 92 on at
    Hello Dengliang Li,

Thanks for your answer. Lets say i have two administrators who will assign the task to reviewer. Those  reviewrs will lookup field on the BPF from Reviewers entity. So Administrator should be able to select the reviewer and assign the task to specific reviewer with task information. Also administrator should be able to re-assign the task to another reviewer if some reason first reviewr cannot review the task. Also only Administrator should have rights to assign the task but not the reviewrs. How can i achieve that?

• Dengliang Li Profile Picture
    Hi,

You can add the Owner field to the Task Entity stage of BPF.
    Using this field, you can assign the task to another user.

For sending notifications, you can create a Power Automate Flow.
    In the flow, list all the tasks and then create a notification entity record for each task record. Fill in the notification with information about the relevant task.

If my answer was helpful, please click Like, and if it solved your problem, please mark it as verified to help other community members find more.
    If you have further questions, please feel free to contact me .

Best Regards,
    Dengliang Li

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,584 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,864 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans