Skip to main content

Notifications

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / Bypassing quick create...
Finance forum
Answered

Bypassing quick create forms in D365 F&O

Posted on by 34
I'd like to bypass the quick create form for RFQ and enter directly into the full form when the new button is selected. I've tried extending the form and using event handlers for onclicked on the New Button (which isn't explicitly on the form design but the result of a design new button setting?) I've tried looking into parameters and CoC on the form itself.
  • Verified answer
    André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    André Arnaud de Cal... 284,753 Super User on at
    Hi Karli,

When checking for the technical details around the quick create form name you mentioned, it appears the case that the create() method of the data source is calling the form. I doubt if you can bypass this logic apart from creating a copy of the form. 

You mentioned that you stripped the form to remove some obsolete fields. My suggestion would be to use this as the solution. 
  • Karli Mather Profile Picture
    Karli Mather 34 on at
    Updating to indicate this is still unresolved
    Karli Mather 34 on at
    Martin,
    I've located the header grid and removed the default action- the quick form is still opening on menu item select.

Andre,
    The reason is this is the end user's preference. They want to deal with as few clicks and screens as possible. I've stripped out a bunch of fields from the quick form for now.

• Martin Dráb Profile Picture
    Martin Dráb 225,302 Super User on at
    Your statement that PurchRFQCaseTable doesn't have a grid for headers is suspicious. Can you please check once more that HeaderGrid control really doesn't exist in your version of F&O? Aren't you just looking at a wrong view?
  • André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    André Arnaud de Cal... 284,753 Super User on at
    Hi Karli,

What exact business problem are you trying to solve by bypassing a quick creation form? Probably you are not using all fields and wants to complete some other fields on the header? If that is the case, why not personalize or customizing the quick create form?
    Karli Mather 34 on at
    Should I put it on the datasource or table default action? I don't have a grid on the form for the header datasource, the fields are disbursed on a number of fast tabs on both the header and line tab.
  • Suggested answer
    Martin Dráb Profile Picture
    Martin Dráb 225,302 Super User on at
    Hiding the button isn't a good idea for two reasons:
    1. Using a button isn't the only way how to create a record. Even if you resolved the button, the problem would still exists when using the keyboard shortcut.
    2. The logic is actually driven by configuration of the grid, not the button.
    You'd need to remove the value of Default Action property of HeaderGrid. It can't be done by a form extension, but it should be possible in code.
    Karli Mather 34 on at
    Thanks Bharani,
    I previously tried the hidden button/call hidden button on new action but calling the base form but the quick form still pops up. I'm using the following menu item for the hidden button. Is this correct?

PurchRFQCaseTable
  • Suggested answer
    Bharani Preetham Peraka Profile Picture
    Bharani Preetham Pe... 3,526 Super User on at
    Disabling the existing new button and add a new button and on click call the said form. If you try to write an event for onclicked or clicked method, those will not stop calling the quick create form. 
    Karli Mather 34 on at
    QuickForm: PurchCreateRFQCase
    Form: PurchRFQCaseTable

Also, is this the correct forum for D365 F&O?

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Mohamed Amine Mahmoudi!

Blog subscriptions now enabled!

Follow your favorite blogs

TechTalk: How Dataverse and Microsoft Fabric powers ...

Explore the latest advancements in data export and integration within ...

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 284,753 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,302 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,146

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans