Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Customer Insights - Journeys forum
Unanswered

lead scoring vs predictive lead scoring

Posted on by 30

We have launched both and they are equally frustrating but in different ways.

Lead Scoring - we needed several models because we have several different business lines. We separated out Behavior into one model which I have been leveraging, but find it exasperating that I can't bring that field into a view so that I can stack rank them. It also boggles my mind that I can't see any of the reasons for the score, so I have no idea what that lead did to earn the score.

Predictive lead scoring. Ugh. Does it really only look at the data in our database and NOT behavior? This goes against any principle of scoring models because you want to listen to a leads digital body language to determine if they are sales ready, right? So why am I only seeing things like job title and lead source, not clicked on website or clicked email as factors in the score? Is it just not part of predictive lead scoring? If so that's a HUGE miss on Microsoft.

Any advice on how to get the most out of these tools would be helpful.

Thanks!

• Kris Latulippe Profile Picture
    Kris Latulippe 30 on at
    RE: lead scoring vs predictive lead scoring

Hi Leah,

The field I want to bring into a view is either 'Grade' or 'Score' or both, if possible into a list of leads so that I can stack rank them. Do you know a way to do this? And also, any ideas on how I can see what 'reasons' make up the total score?

I have seen screenshots of the predictive lead scoring including 'intent' based on email interaction, so it seems to me that at least email interactions factor into the predictive model but so far I haven't seen that in any of my leads. So I wonder if there's a setting that I have missed?

Thank you for your response!

Kris

• Leah Ju Profile Picture
    Leah Ju Microsoft Employee on at
    RE: lead scoring vs predictive lead scoring

Hi Kris,

(1)  I can't bring that field into a view so that I can stack rank them

What is the field? What is the view?

Could you share screenshots?

(2)Predictive lead scoring has no behavior.

Yes, this is by-design.

Maybe you can create a new idea through the below URL, then ask your colleagues to raise up the votes.

Ideas (dynamics.com)

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,572 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,764 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans