Skip to main content

Notifications

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / Goods in Transit & Def...
Finance forum
Unanswered

Goods in Transit & Deferred Revenue/Cost

Posted on by 2,387
Hi

I have a scenario on sales orders where, based on a specific delivery term, the stock leaves the warehouse and is in transit for a few days.

Then only once it is received by the customer, should the system reduce the stock, post the cos, and recognise the revenue.

Whilst it is in transit, the stock should be in a 'transit' location, and the COS and REV should also be in 'deferred' accounts,

Any ideas/suggestions?
  • André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    André Arnaud de Cal... 284,781 Super User on at
    Hi,

There is indeed an option to post expected revenue when posting the packing slip. In this scenario, the packing slip will be posted when the customer accepts the goods where there is no option to post deferred revenue when picking or transferring the goods.

• SU-22040800-0 Profile Picture
    SU-22040800-0 2,387 on at
    Hi Andre

Thanks for the response.

I believe this is company specific, and can possibly understand the reasoning. However I know that there is possiblity to post the (deferred) revenue on Packing Slip, based on the Item Model Group setup.

Knowing that this isn't a possibility, do you know if there is somewhere else in the system I could control the function to defer revenue on Packing Slip, other than the Item Model Group?

• André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    André Arnaud de Cal... 284,781 Super User on at
    Hi,

I haven't heard of this requirement before. This is not supported apart from using a separate warehouse and transit of the goods to a "customer" warehouse. Then when the customer receives the goods, post the packing slip. In this workaround, there are no amounts posted to deferred accounts. 

Can you tell me why you need this requirement? Is it a legal requirement in your country? 

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Mohamed Amine Mahmoudi!

Blog subscriptions now enabled!

Follow your favorite blogs

TechTalk: How Dataverse and Microsoft Fabric powers ...

Explore the latest advancements in data export and integration within ...

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 284,781 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,348 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,146

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans