Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 general forum
Suggested answer

Is this achievable ?

Posted on by 405

Hello mates,

I have a question, every month i export to excel some customers from the "account" entity  who doesnt have the mail contact informations filled. I export these customers and i send the file to the marketing service, once they fill the on the excel requested file informations, they send me back the file.

Is there a way to automatically fill on dynamics the fields informations from the excel file please ? 
Because actually I have to do it manually, I have to go through every customer and copy paste the informations, sometimes when i have a lot of customers , It take much times.

That would be great if there was a way to do this quickly.

best regards.

• Suggested answer
    Nya Profile Picture
    Nya 29,054 on at
    RE: Is this achievable ?

Hi, Archetype

Is the mail contact information you mentioned referring to the Email of Primary Contact of Account?

1. For the entity Account, you can create a view to filter the accounts who don’t have the mail contact information filled first.

6082.1_2D00_1.png

4621.1_2D00_2.png

1. Then export the view to Excel with the button above. Save it as a csv file. Fill the email information and save it.

6523.png

1. Import the csv file from Advanced settings > Settings > Data Management > Imports.

8168.png

1. Map the data.

37614.png

For more settings of the map, you can refer to the next article:

How to Import Related Data into Dynamics 365 | Developer Support (microsoft.com)

1. After importing, the email information can be imported in a single pass.

3051.png

If this helped you, I'd appreciate it if you'd mark this as a Verified Answer, which may in turn help others as well.

Best Regards,

Nya

• Suggested answer
    RE: Is this achievable ?

There are multiple ways of doing this.

The simplest way to do this is re-export the same list of customers with the empty columns and do a "vlookup" from the excel received from the marketing service and populate the newly exported excel, copy the formula cells and paste them as values and import it back into dynamics for the update.

Another one is to use a Power App that you can share with your Marketing Service to directly fill in the missing profiling data into Dynamics.

If this helps please mark it as a verified answer.

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Dynamics 365 Community Newsletter - September 2024

Check out the latest community news

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,524 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,493 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates