Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics AX forum
Unanswered

Financial Dimensions are not changing automatically if we select different items

Posted on by 86
Hi Experts,

In a sales or purchase contract if a user has selected one item in that contract its financial dimension automatically comes up which already exist in my system but now if the user is selecting any other item its financial dimensions are not changing. Can you please help how to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance looking forward to hear from you.
  • André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    André Arnaud de Cal... 288,584 Super User on at
    Financial Dimensions are not changing automatically if we select different items
    Hi Arun,

I already provided the answer in my previous reply. It is working for new lines. If you have an existing line, during the merge of dimensions, it will only copy the dimension values if there is no value for these dimensions on the line.
  • Financial Dimensions are not changing automatically if we select different items
    Hi Hana and Andre thank you so much for replying.

for example while creating a purchase/ sales contract if we add any item its financial dimension automatically comes up its a customization but if we want change that item old dimensions are coming and we are changing it manually as of now. so want your help in this issue. can you please tell me how to fix this.
  • Hana Xue Profile Picture
    Hana Xue Microsoft Employee on at
    Hi,
    Can you provide detailed screenshots or relevant paths? Based on your description, you can check the project and contract settings to see if any default dimensions are specified at the project contract level.
    For more information you can check out the following link:
    Financial dimension defaults | Microsoft Learn
    Best Regards,
    Hana
  • André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    André Arnaud de Cal... 288,584 Super User on at
    Hi Community user, 

Did the user create a new line or changed the existing line? I would recommend creating a new line as the dimensions will be merged from the released product. Only when particular dimensions don't have a value, they will be copied from the product.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Replay now available! Dynamics 365 Community Call (CRM Edition)

Catch up on the first D365 Community Call held on 7/10

Community Spotlight of the Month

Kudos to Saurav Dhyani!

Congratulations to the June Top 10 community leaders!

These stars go above and beyond . . .

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 288,584 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 225,864 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,148

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans