Skip to main content
Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / Mandatory financial di...
Finance forum
Suggested answer

Mandatory financial dimension in one legal entity but not the other

editSubscribe (1) ShareShare
ReportReport
Posted on by 4
Hi Everyone,

I have a customer requirement that I am struggling with.

The requirement is as follows:

A financial dimension must be mandatory in one legal entity but not the other. For example, let's say the Business Unit dimension would be mandatory for the German legal entity (DEMF) transactions but not for the American legal entity transactions. So, if a sales order was being posted from Germany the user would get an error that the business unit cannot be left blank, but if a user were to post a sales order in the American entity then he would not get an error.

I have tried to do this with the account structure and blank/mandatory values but it didn't work because the account structure is a shared configuration between entities. I have also tried with advanced rules for account structures and it also turned out to be shared between the entities. Using legal entity override on the main account also doesn't work because the American entity wants to have the option to use the financial dimension.

Has anyone had a similar requirement or can provide some guidance? Thank you for the help and much appreciated !
Attachments
  • Andre Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    Andre Arnaud de Cal... 283,183 Super User on at
    Hi Maij,

The CoA and account structures are global data, so indeed they are indeed visible from each legal entity. On the form Ledger, you specifty which CoA and account structures are active for the legal entity. This Ledger form makes the distinction. Once an account structure is linked to the Ledger form, it will do a consistency check for overlapping main account setup.
  • Suggested answer
    BillurSamdancioglu Profile Picture
    BillurSamdancioglu 13,172 Super User on at
    You need to creat two different account structures and select seperately in legder.
  • Maij Ninodi Profile Picture
    Maij Ninodi 4 on at
    Hi Andre,

I follow the configuration you explained. However, when I create an account structure in DEMF or USMF and configure it, the configuration is also duplicated across entities. I tried to add the account structure in the ledger only for USMF, however the rules were also duplicated in DEMF (not the ledger configuration but the account structure configuration). I think i am probably still missing a step correct? Thanks.
  • Suggested answer
    Andre Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    Andre Arnaud de Cal... 283,183 Super User on at
    Hi Maij,

In case there are differences in the setup of dimensions, you would need to have different account structures. You can have an account structure for USMF and another for DEMF. You can also create an account structure per company.
    On the form Ledger, you define what account structure(s) to use per legal entity. In this way, you can have one account structure having a dimension mandatory and another one where the dimension is not mandatory.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

New Blog Features Released!

Check out the new community blog features for viewers and authors…

Setting Up Knowledge Sources for Copilot…

Look at how configuring a comprehensive knowledge base is crucial…

Demystifying Copilot with Georg Glantschnig…

Industry experts answer burning questions directly from our amazing Community…

Leaderboard

Andre Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

Andre Arnaud de Cal... 283,183 Super User

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 222,733 Super User

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,138

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans