Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Dynamics 365 Community / Forums / Finance forum / Prod environment code ...
Finance forum
Suggested answer

Prod environment code check D365 FO

Posted on by 474

Hi,

I have done a checkin and the package 3.0 was deployed in the UAT environment. Later multiple packages (4.0,5.0.....etc)  were deployed in UAT.

The package 2.0 was approved for production and it was released in LCS and applied to Prod environment. No further packages were released.

Somehow the users are saying that the functionality of package 3.0 is also there in Prod environment but as per the LCS packages analysis it doesn't seems so.

But the problem is that the functionality of package 3.0 is actually working in Prod and I have no idea if code of package 3,0 is also included in Prod envt.

Also the package deployment etc is being done by a different person and I am sure he might have done some mistake during the prod deployment.

Question is that is there a way to check if a particular custom code for a given functionality exist in prod or is released to prod.

Eg. on button click some calculation A = b+C custom code is applied.

Can we see this custom code in TRACE parcer or some other tools ?

Thanks,

VK

• Suggested answer
    Arunraj Rajasekar Profile Picture
    Arunraj Rajasekar 1,731 on at
    RE: Prod environment code check D365 FO

It is dependent on when you requested the package for deployment. I'm assuming you're using a build pipeline to generate deployable packages. If you generated the package for 103 before merging changeset 101 to 104, performance env will only contain changeset 103. Check the changeset details in pipeline, as Andre suggested.

• André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    André Arnaud de Cal... 290,628 Super User 2024 Season 2 on at

Hi Vicky,

Are you able to check via Azure DevOps and the build pipelines what exactly was the contents of each package?

• vicky1234 Profile Picture
    vicky1234 474 on at

Hi Andre,

Below is an extended query.

Let's say I have checked in project A from dev1 box and the changeset number is  101.

Next again I have checkedin project B from same dev box and changeset is 102.

Note the sequence.

Now project B changeset 102 is merged to another branch B and checked in with changeset 103.

and project A changeset 101 is merged to another branch B and checked in with changeset 104.

Now if changeset 103 of branch B is deployed to Performance envt then will it consider the objects of the changeset 101/104 ? I think so no.

However in case the changeset 104 is deployed it will deploy both projects to Performance envt.

I think in this case the user might have deployed changeset 104 only which is something I have to prove to the client.

Thanks,

VK

• André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture
    André Arnaud de Cal... 290,628 Super User 2024 Season 2 on at

Hi Vicky,

Have you check on LCS if there are multiple environment changes for package 2.0? Probably the name and/or version number was not updated in a package which actually can contain the changes of your package 3.0. In the history you can find the package name and Asset ID which have a reference to the exact package that got installed.

• vicky1234 Profile Picture
    vicky1234 474 on at

Hi Arunraj,

I have checked the prod envt history and it shows package 2.0 was deployed however still the functionality is working in prod.

ok I will do a trace parser to check the code.

• Suggested answer
    Arunraj Rajasekar Profile Picture
    Arunraj Rajasekar 1,731 on at

Hi Vicky,

You can find the updated packages in the production environment history in LCS. If you know the difference between package 2.0 and 3.0, you can run a trace to look over the code.

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,628 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,914 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,150

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans