Skip to main content

Notifications

Announcements

No record found.

Microsoft Dynamics AX forum
Unanswered

Inventory Reservation and Negative Inventory

Posted on by
Our company chooses to use a custom reservation job that runs every three hours on Daytime settings. This job finds available inventory from locations designated as available and commits that inventory to sales orders, transfer orders and production orders. 

In addition, our company set up a routing job that will look for orders that cannot be filled by our distribution center and will seek to reassign sales order lines to those stores with sufficient physical available to satisfy the order line. Part of that routing job will re-route order lines back to the distribution center for reprocessing if they are short picked at the stores.

Lastly, we allow negative inventory in D365 as a result of the way our connector to Shopify is set up. We must allow negative in order to permit the sale of items we do not have on hand (backorders) via our POS product.

The combination of all three of these factors has led to a problem I will call /over-reservation/. For two specific reasons, our reservations are ending up /in the negative/ by creating negative physical available values, preventing the release of those order lines into valid pieces of work, and getting these order lines hung up in the system.

1. How can I write a special script that will look for reservations /in the negative/ and clear those reservations, enabling them to be re-routed to the distribution center for reprocessing?
2. How can I designate which locations are eligible for the reservation job to reserve against? 

Under review

Thank you for your reply! To ensure a great experience for everyone, your content is awaiting approval by our Community Managers. Please check back later.

Helpful resources

Quick Links

Anton Venter – Community Spotlight

Kudos to our October Community Star of the month!

Announcing Our 2024 Season 2 Super Users!

A new season of Super Users has arrived, and we are so grateful for the daily…

Leaderboard

André Arnaud de Calavon Profile Picture

André Arnaud de Cal... 290,652 Super User 2024 Season 2

Martin Dráb Profile Picture

Martin Dráb 228,930 Most Valuable Professional

nmaenpaa Profile Picture

nmaenpaa 101,150

Leaderboard

Featured topics

Product updates

Dynamics 365 release plans