Filter blog posts

Card view List view
  • Relevance
  • Most recent
  • Most liked

Filter blog posts

LikeLike (4)
Step by step import with Data Migration Framework [AX 2012]

Follow the steps on msdn to install the Data Migration Framework. http://technet.microsoft.com/EN-US/library/jj225595 Once you have install, there is also a user guide on msdn but not very detailed. I did my first walk through today and took some ...

Munib 2,500
LikeLike (4)
Business Events and Date format in Flow

Business Events formats Dates in the Microsoft JSON format, e.g. "EventTime": "/Date(1560839609000)/"I wish it was in ISO8601 standard e.g. "2019-06-18T05:40Z".Below is what I did using Flow.First get the integer part...

Munib 2,500
LikeLike (3)
Dynamics AX 7 Development 2 – Create a new table

In continuation with my regular AX posts on development basics. In this post I will describe how to create a new table. I won’t go into detail about best practices/indexes/relationshipts etc. Just a basic table creation. Right click the project &g...

Munib 2,500
LikeLike (2)
Named user license counts [AX 2012]

There is a report under System admiration > Reports > Licensing > Named User License Counts. This report contains information about the users who are assigned to security roles in Microsoft Dynamics AX. The report analyzes the roles and p...

Munib 2,500
LikeLike (2)
“Error in getting SID” when running Named user license count report [AX 2012]

Recently I tried running the Named user license count report and got this error. “Error in getting SID” From the error I know what the problem is. One of the users can not be found in Active directory. I wrote a quick job to find me the invalid us...

Munib 2,500
LikeLike (2)
Import document handling (attachment) files #MSDyn365FO

Out of the box you have limited data entities for migrating attachments. If you search what is already in the AOT, you will see a few various examples. I suggest you look at the LedgerJournalAttachmentsEntity as it is the simplest and cleans to co...

Munib 2,500
LikeLike (2)
Dynamics AX7 Development 3–Create a new form

Lets have a look at creating a form. This is probably a little more exciting than the previous posts. As this is totally new to AX7. Right click and Add > New Select the Form object from the AX7 Artifacts Initially it will show the pattern as ...

Munib 2,500
LikeLike (1)
Where did my list pages go in AX7?

In AX 2012 we had to maintain two forms; a list page and a details form. This has changed in AX7 with the introduction of form patterns. Now we only have to maintain a single form and by applying the correct patterns it is displayed accordingly. T...

Munib 2,500
LikeLike (1)
Data import export framework cleanup job explained [AX 2012]

Data import export framework has a clean up job in periodic menu. I hardly see people running it to clean up old staging table data. One thing people are worried about is deleting something that may not have been processed. Below are the condition...

Munib 2,500