Filter blog posts

Card view List view
  • Relevance
  • Most recent
  • Most liked

Filter blog posts

LikeLike (3)
XML Buffer and CSV Buffer Tables

Most of us that’s been programming in Dynamics NAV for a while are aware of the Excel Buffer table. It is a super useful table that can be used to create and read Excel files from C/AL code. This table have been around as far as I remember, and no...

Community Member Microsoft Employee
LikeLike (2)
Sales Quote without Customer

Do you know that you can create sales quotes without having a customer created in Microsoft Dynamics NAV? It’s been like that as long as I can remember but surprisingly many users and also consultants don’t know this and I have seen lots to workar...

LikeLike (2)
Planning
Work Centers vs. Machine Centers

A topic that is discussed on all manufacturing implementations is Work Centers vs. Machine Centers. Questions like ‘should we be using machine centers?’ and ‘what are the differences?’ are always raised and discussed. It is very important to under...

LikeLike (2)
Security
Field Level Security using Events in Dynamics NAV 2016

One of the cool new features in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016 is the options to use Events. Through events you can create functions that are published and subscribe to them in other objects. The great part here is that Microsoft have incorporated a ...

LikeLike (2)
Reversing Production Output and Consumption

Production orders in Dynamics NAV allows you to consume both less and more than what’s defined on the components and to output both less and more than what’s defined on the operations in the routing. There is no check when you post, which is nice ...

LikeLike (1)
Notifications
Functionality Improvements in NAV 2017

Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2017 was released last week. I have installed it and poked around in the new functionality a bit and there are some awesome improvements and new features. Through this blog post I share some of my thoughts on some of the ne...

LikeLike (1)
Custom Filter Formula in Dynamics NAV 2013

One of the new features in Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2013 is the ability to enter formulas like ‘%me’ and ‘%myitems’ while setting filters. Dynamics NAV then replaces the formula with values while applying the filter. Some of the formulas that comes ...

LikeLike (1)
Inventory With Zero Value

Dynamics NAV has an ‘Inventory Value Zero’ field in the item table that is not visible on the page (for some unknown reason). Adding it to the page allows you to have items with no inventory values, this is useful if you managing inven...

LikeLike (1)
Planning
Accept Action Message in Planning Worksheet

The MPS/MRP suggestions in the Planning Worksheet has an ‘Accept Action Message’ field that determines if the suggestion should be accepted or not. The value of this field is by default set to TRUE if there are no warnings. This sounds...