Yesterday, I posted the first in a series of posts on how to install Management Reporter 2012; how to install Management Reporter 2012 – Server Prerequisites. Today I’ll cover the server side of the installation.

The first step is to download the installation package; Microsoft Dynamics Management Reporter 2012 (PartnerSource or CustomerSource login required).

One thing to note about the installation of Management Reporter 2012 is that it has been much simplified over that of Management Reporter 2; some parts have been removed (no separate provider to install) and some has been moved to the new Configuration Console.

The server configuration I am using is four separate servers, all running Windows Server 2008 R2, but could easily be installed on one machine, or virtual machine, for use as a test system;
Domain Controller (DC1) running the ideal domain (a slight departure from my usual azurecurve) on
SQL Server (SQL1)
Reporting Server (RPT1)
Terminal Server (TS1)

The server installation is done on which the same machine that the prerequisites were installed upon; in this case, the Reporting Server (RPT1).

Run the downloaded ManagementReporter2012-en-us.exe and select a location for the installation files to be extracted to;

Choose directory for extracted files

Once extraction is complete, hit OK;

Extraction Complete

In the extract location you’ll see a collection of files and a pkg folder. Double click the Setup.exe to start the installation process and select Install Management Reporter Server;

Management Reporter Setup

Accept the terms of the License Agreement after reading it;

Management Reporter Setup - Microsoft Software License Terms

Select or confirm the destination folder;

Management Reporter Setup - Specify Destination Folder

Click Install to confirm the installation;

Management Reporter Setup - Ready to Install Management Reporter

Management Reporter will then install before confirming a successful installation;

At this stage you can choose to start the Configuration Console of Management Reporter when you click finish. However, I’ve left this box unchecked as I intend to leave you hanging until tomorrow…