6. Look at the top right of the template where the page number is. You should see a formula there. Highlight the whole formula and click CTRL-C to copy it.
10. In the formula change the / to =.
15. Ctrl-C (Do not cut because the end document bookmark is in this table, we can't delete the table from this section.)
18. Ctrl-V – You are pasting in the subtotal table instead of the word “subtotal”.
19. Now, you have to go back to the subtotal table in the body of the invoice - the one you copied. We can't delete the table because the bookmark is there. Highlight each field, right click remove content control. Then highlight the field and delete.
Senior Escalation Engineer
Brilliant post!! Thanks Dave. Your instructions are clear and easy to follow.
I managed to get this right on an original document (Purchase Order Blank) however I have a problem anchoring the subtotals on a PO that I have already modified. To recreate the modified PO will take ages to complete. I am able to get the subtotal section to sit on the footer however the calculated fields prints XXXXXXXX when I print the report to the Word template but the text displays as text. Do you have any ideas??? Neil
Without seeing the report, it's hard to tell. I would make sure you resynch this report with the report xml, that's usually what causes the X's to print. You could also try removing the content controls and readding them.
I know you wrote it will work only with GP2010 SP3 but I tried with GP2010 SP2 and the fields at the footer appears as XXXXX. My question is, this features is very important for us and we will plan to deploy SP3. Am I sure this will be working? Is it the only way to have an Invoice footer at the end of a word document or there are alternatives?
Dave, We are using GP 2013, after creating a word template from our modified SOP Long Invoice Form in RW, I realized the footer didn't print correctly when there was more than one page invoice. My search of this forum brought to this fix. I started the Word Template over using an original unmodified SOP Blank Invoice word template. The footer seems to work great, but now, I am having major difficulties moving captions and fields on the invoice. I tried to Add Source by modifying a SOP Blank Invoice Form in RW with the captions and fields where they were in our SOP Long Invoice Form to no avail. Once I use any of the fields from the new source, I can't attached the document in Template Maintenance and receive this error message: The template you selected cannot be added to this report. Or, the fields do not print. Any suggestions in re-arranging/changing captions and fields in this report? Or, a way to ADD SOURCE that can be used? CMS