Personalized Community is here!
Quickly customize your community to find the content you seek.
Choose your path Increase your proficiency with the Dynamics 365 applications that you already use and learn more about the apps that interest you. Up your game with a learning path tailored to today's Dynamics 365 masterminds and designed to prepare you for industry-recognized Microsoft certifications.
Visit Microsoft Learn
2022 Release Wave 2Check out the latest updates and new features of Dynamics 365 released from October 2022 through March 2023
The FastTrack program is designed to help you accelerate your Dynamics 365 deployment with confidence.
FastTrack Community | FastTrack Program | Finance and Operations TechTalks | Customer Engagement TechTalks | Upcoming TechTalks | All TechTalks
Hi Payables users,
Have you finished printing your 1099's yet for 2016? Many of you will be doing a last minute rush to get your edits done in order to get them postmarked by January 31st. I wanted to remind you about the exceptional editing features in Microsoft Dynamics GP for 1099's that will make this task much easier for you.
How is 1099 data tracked in Microsoft Dynamics GP?
If the vendor is marked as a 1099 vendor, the system will flag invoices as they are keyed. Then when the invoice is paid off, the 1099 details are updated to the 1099 table (PM00204) driven by the payment date. (The data in this table is what will print on the 1099 form, and can be viewed under Cards | Purchasing | 1099 Details. )
How can I see the individual transactions that make up the 1099 amounts in the Cards | Purchasing | 1099 Details window?
You can view/edit 1099 transaction detail under Transactions | Purchasing | Edit 1099 Transaction Information. In this window, you can edit the Tax Type, Box number, or 1099 Amount as needed and click PROCESS to update the 1099 table (PM00204) with your changes. Editing in this window will permanently update the transaction in the Payables tables as well as update the 1099 tables, so edits are not lost if you reconcile 1099 amounts. Whereas only editing in the '1099 Details' window only updates the 1099 tables, so any edits would be lost if you ran the 1099 amount reconcile process. In the 'Edit 1099 Transaction Information' window, note the invoice date and amount are listed, but 1099's are actually tracked by the date the invoice is paid off.
How do you fix a vendor that was not marked for a 1099 during the year, but should have been a 1099 vendor?
Use these steps to update a vendor to be a 1099 vendor:
1. Under Cards | Purchasing | Vendor | Options, leave the Tax Type as 'Not a 1099 vendor'.
2. Go to Microsoft Dynamics GP | Tools | Utilities | Purchasing | Update 1099 Information.
3. Mark to update 'Vendor and 1099 Transactions'
4. In the From section, select Tax type for 'Not a 1099 Vendor'
5. In the To section, select the appropriate Tax Type, such as 'Miscellaneous' and the appropriate Box number (Box 7 will default).
6. Restrict the Range for the Vendor ID you want to change and click Insert.
7. Click Process.
• Go to Cards | Purchasing | Vendor | Options and verify the Tax Type and Box number have been updated.• Go to Cards | Purchasing | 1099 Details, select the vendor ID, Tax Type and Year to verify amounts are listed. • Go to Transactions | Purchasing | Edit 1099 Transaction Information, and view the invoice detail. Make any edits as needed.
How do you fix a vendor that was marked for a 1099 by mistake during the year and should not be a 1099 vendor?
Use these steps to update a vendor to not be a 1099 vendor:
1. Under Cards | Purchasing | Vendor | Options, leave the Tax Type as the incorrect type found such as 'Miscellaneous'.
4. In the From section, select Tax type for 'Miscellaneous' and the appropriate Box number (Box 7 will default.)
5. In the To section, select the appropriate Tax Type, such as 'Not a 1099 Vendor'.
• Go to Cards | Purchasing | Vendor | Options and verify the Tax Type and Box number have been updated.• Go to Cards | Purchasing | 1099 Details, select the vendor ID to verify the vendor is not a 1099 vendor.
Is there a demo or video showing the 1099 editing features described above?
Yes, click HERE to watch a 17 minute video on these new features introduced in Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 RTM.
There are amounts in the 1099 Details window, but no 1099-Misc form is printing for my vendor?
Keep in mind that the 1099-Misc form has a $600 threshold, so no form will print out if the vendor has not had $600 or more in activity for the year.
If I query the 1099 details table (PM00204), why doesn't the total sum amount match my 1096 Summary form?
Keep in mind that 1099-Misc forms did not print out if the yearly 1099 amount was less than $600, so they are not included on the 1096 summary form.
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES: You can also find the information above documented in these links:
• Article: KB 918536 • Manual: GP2013_Financials.zip • Video: click HERE
I hope this information helps to get your 1099 forms mailed on time and wrap up a great year-end!
Cheryl Waswick | Sr. Technical Support Engineer | Microsoft Dynamics GP Support - Applications
Business Applications communities