SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Management Reporter Default Reports have multiple financial dimensions links how do I remove a link?

Microsoft Dynamics GP Forum

scott.white asked a question on 28 May 2014 9:17 AM

Question Status

Unanswered
In MR 2.1.8001.0 I noticed that there are default reports and when I run one I get the following warning message "The row definition contains more than one financial dimensions link. Since the report does not use the row definition from reporting tree option, the report will use the first financial dimensions link to generate the report." I created a reporting tree, specified the row definition and then selected both the row definition and the reporting tree but still get the error message. The report does display but at this point I don't want to show this to the customer and tell them to ignore the warning. It is just not professional. These are MSD default building blocks so how do I remove a financial dimension link on the row definition? Thanks
SueC responded on 28 May 2014 11:30 AM
My Badges

Okay, go to your Row Definitions  Setup for this report.  From the error message it is saying that you have more than one columns with a link to the financial dimension.  If you Highlight the top of the column (yes, in the grey area), typically column J:   the Financial Dimensions Link opens up.  You should only be showing one dimensional link.  I have a feeling when you open this you will find that you have two.  And since it doesn't sound like you have two different chart of accounts across your company, You just need to delete one. Unlike FRx it just doesn't appear on your screen,  you have not scrolled far enough to the right.  Or scroll to the right and highlight and delete the one you don't need.  

You should be able to delete the second one, due to the fact that you aren't using it and the report is correct.

Sue

Irving Galindo responded on 20 Nov 2014 5:01 PM

I had the same error with MR 2.1.9001.11 and apply the solution in this post, delete the second link of financial dimensión and this was the solution for me.

Thanks for this post.

regards

Frank the Tank responded on 7 May 2015 4:23 PM
My Badges

Just to confirm... it is not possible to have more than one link to Financial Dimensions + Worksheet on a single row definition? I am trying to make a consolidated report using 4 FD+W links and get the error "The row definition contains more than one financial dimensions link. Since the report does not use the row definition from reporting tree option, the report will use the first financial dimensions link to generate the report."

The links are to 4 separate reports (department reports), same chart of accounts, not separate GP database companies just different numbers in GL segment 2

HDG responded on 21 Sep 2016 9:36 PM
My Badges

You might have a link to Dynamics GP as well as Dynamics AX (since that is the default).

That could mean multiple financial dimension links. 

Have a look in the following link

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS