SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

Exporting financial dimensions with translations

Microsoft Dynamics AX Forum

NoobDaxCoder asked a question on 31 May 2019 2:55 AM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hi All,

Im exporting financial dimensions in excel via code. But dimensions are showing EN-US, not in NL. I see that there are code to get financial dimensions translations via code. 

When I am using NL as my default language, shouldnt it export translated financial dimensions? Or should i write code explicitly to get financial dimensions in NL, after checking the default language of the environment?

Please advise.

Hi NoobDaxCoder.

There is no translation tool within the application itself. Check if the setup was done and a user did actually provide the required translations.

NoobDaxCoder responded on 14 Jun 2019 4:12 AM

Hi Andre,

Thanks for response. The translations are provided in the environment.

I wrote code to get translation from this table DimensionAttributeTranslation.

dimensionAttributeTranslation.DimensionAttribute == dimensionAttribute.RecId

&& dimensionAttributeTranslation.LanguageId ==  (new xInfo().language());

Back to original question. I assume some set up was not done correctly? So it is not yielding the desired translations. Please advise.

Hi NoobDaxCoder,

Do you have all financial dimensions in English and Dutch language?

Best regards,

Ludwig

magic1949 responded on 14 Jun 2019 3:40 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Dimension names are of course different form the values held against each dimension, in most cases those values come from system  tables, and that would imply that everyone entering data and creating new values would be bi-lingual and would remember to create both values and would do so accurately., nd that a field to hold multiple, translations for each data value would exist.

As far as I know for financial dimensions you can pick up translations of the main account values and also for custom dimension values. You only can enter translation text when < Custom dimension > is selected in the Use values from field in the Financial dimensions form. Normally access control to this would be restricted to finance and not for those who e.g. create items, or projects  

Some system fields e.g. item description can hold multi language against the field.

This post will give you an idea of how to extract translations for a custom dimension :  https://community.dynamics.com/ax/b/yasirsmicrosoftdynamicsaxworkshop/archive/2017/12/06/translation-text-of-custom-financial-dimension

magic1949 responded on 14 Jun 2019 3:40 PM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Dimension names are of course different form the values held against each dimension, in most cases those values come from system  tables, and that would imply that everyone entering data and creating new values would be bi-lingual and would remember to create both values and would do so accurately., nd that a field to hold multiple, translations for each data value would exist.

As far as I know for financial dimensions you can pick up translations of the main account values and also for custom dimension values. You only can enter translation text when < Custom dimension > is selected in the Use values from field in the Financial dimensions form. Normally access control to this would be restricted to finance and not for those who e.g. create items, or projects  

Some system fields e.g. item description can hold multi language against the field.

This post will give you an idea of how to extract translations for a custom dimension :  https://community.dynamics.com/ax/b/yasirsmicrosoftdynamicsaxworkshop/archive/2017/12/06/translation-text-of-custom-financial-dimension

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS