SBX - Search With Button

SBX - Forum Post Title

How to join TrvExpGuest table to the expense number?

Microsoft Dynamics AX Forum

M84AB1 asked a question on 15 May 2019 6:35 PM

Question Status

Suggested Answer

Hi All,

I am hoping somebody can shed some light onto this for me.

We are using Dynamics AX 2012 R2 and I am trying to retrieve the expense details (which is not a problem) as well as the actual Attendees (Guests) but I am not able to locate a join. 

Looking at AX (right click "personalize")  on the Guests field I see that the actual relation is driven by some kind of a function

Would anybody be able to tell me how I can join the data from the TrvExpGuest table to the other expense claim data?

many thanks!

Satish Panwar responded on 16 May 2019 12:35 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi M84AB1,

Expense report line and TrvExpGuest is linked through another table "TRVEXPTRANSGUEST". This table hold RecId from TrvExpGuest and TrvExpTrans table. So your join look something like this:

TrvExpGuest.RecId = TRVEXPTRANSGUEST.TrvExpGuest && TrvExpTrans.RecId = TRVEXPTRANSGUEST.TrvExpTrans

Suggested Answer

Hi, 

Maybe the following screenprint helps

Best regards, 

Ludwig

Satish Panwar responded on 16 May 2019 12:35 AM
My Badges
Suggested Answer

Hi M84AB1,

Expense report line and TrvExpGuest is linked through another table "TRVEXPTRANSGUEST". This table hold RecId from TrvExpGuest and TrvExpTrans table. So your join look something like this:

TrvExpGuest.RecId = TRVEXPTRANSGUEST.TrvExpGuest && TrvExpTrans.RecId = TRVEXPTRANSGUEST.TrvExpTrans

Suggested Answer

Hi, 

Maybe the following screenprint helps

Best regards, 

Ludwig

SBX - Two Col Forum

SBX - Migrated JS